PDA

View Full Version : Report/Email Designing

lbrickpe
June 14th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hi Folks,

I am messing around with custom reports and emails, to get CommitCRM to give us what we want, so I'll be p[osting a few questions in the next while. Here is the first:

Is there a way to include the Ticket Manager's phone number or email (as stored in the employee data table) in am email template? I can include the name using <CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDCONTACT>

regards

Lawrence

Support Team
June 14th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Hi Lawrence,

Yes! It's possible, please use any f the tokens below into your Email Template:

<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDEMAIL1>
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDEMAIL2>
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDPHONE1>
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDPHONE2>
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDPHONE3>
<CMTLBLDATA_FLDTKTWORKERID_FLDCRDPHONE4>

Thanks,
Dina

lbrickpe
June 14th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Thank You Dina!

Is there anywhere in your documentation where all these variable names are listed? If I know where to look, then I won't have to pester you with questions...

Here goes with the next question: I have a custom report (based on a charges standard report) we use to send a customer a quotation for work done so that they can raise a PO number for us.

If I run this report from the reports tab (and select just one ticket using the report filter criteria dialogue box) the report generates fine. If I run the report from the ticket pane using either the print, or preview, or PDF button, the report generates a complately blank page.

Any ideas?

Lawrence

lbrickpe
June 14th, 2011, 09:51 AM
...And another question on the same report: We have ticket data printed on the quotation (ticket number, problem, resolution etc), but I cannot see how to list the asset that is linked to the ticket.

Lawrence

Support Team
June 14th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Re question 1: From the Tickets window you can only print Ticket based reports. As you are referring to a Charges List based report, even though you renamed it in a way that it'll be displayed under the list of Reports in the Tickets window, it'll still won't work. Only if you will modify the Technician Service Form with Charges reports you will be able to use/print them from the Tickets window as well.

Question 2: Unfortunately not all reports have that info. You can try to customize the Ticket Details report, though I'm not sure that it'll work for you.

HTH
Dina

lbrickpe
June 14th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Ok Dina, I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the help!