PDA

View Full Version : Estimates/Opportunities review available at certain dollar amounts

WWhitehead
June 5th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Gang
I am just trying out this software and so far so good.

I do have a question and it could be because I just haven't found it yet, but it there a way to have an estimate done (until estimates or quotes added to the system, I am assuming I have to do this under Opportunities) and have an amount added where the file would then be emailed to account manager or office manager?

So here are a couple of examples

1) Jane is new to the company and is just learning how to do estimates. For the first month or so all of her quotes go to someone else for review, before they are processed.

2) Bob has been with the company for a period of time, understands the process, service and equipment we are selling. He is very good at doing estimates and can send out estimates, but we would like to have a $$ cap on the estimates he can send so for example at $5k the estimates would be sent to a secondary person for approval.

Would like to be able to set this up as a rule so estimates automatically sent out to secondary for approval, the secondary can then electronic signature approval or radial button approval then send back to Jane or Bob.

Thanks for your help.
Wendy

lpopejoy
June 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Wendy,

As you've probably already figured out, at this point there is no way to do that inside of CommitCRM. I would say that, currently, opportunity management is one of CommitCRM's weakest links.

However, from what I understand, one of the new features of CommitCRM 5.6, the next release, is that it will integrate with QuoteWerks. QuoteWerks will do most of what you are asking for (I'm not sure about forcing approval over a certain dollar amounts though). I think you will find the QuoteWerks a very nice edition to ANY PSA software that you choose to use, including CommitCRM.

In my experience, the addition of QuoteWerks into our sales procedures has greatly enhanced accuracy, speed, and professionalism.

It could be that the next release of CommitCRM will have additional enhancements to the Opportunities module, but only Commit's staff can comment on that.

All the best!

--Luke

Support Team
June 6th, 2011, 06:06 AM
Hi Wendy,

Thank you for posing this.

Luke is right and unfortunately currently RangerMSP doesn't include an automate estimates approval process for the scenarios you listed :-( This is something that you will need to implement manually with the included features like Internal messages, the Emailing option, History Notes, etc.

I hope this helps.

Dina

mcjack
July 10th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Just wanted to confirm if Quotewerks will be integrated on the commitcrm5.6. If it is then we will start using it. Thank you.

Support Team
July 11th, 2011, 06:21 AM
Yes, RangerMSP-QuoteWerks Link module will be introduced at the same time RangerMSP 5.6 will be officially announced. We will offer it as an optional (and affordable) module. More details will follow together with the release.

HTH
Dina

sudogreg
August 9th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hey Commit, how do we go about obtaining this Quotewerks module?

Greg

Support Team
August 10th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Hi Greg,

We've just sent you the information.

Thanks,
Sheli