PDA

View Full Version : Emailing Contact - no display of the linked contact

Dsweigart
May 16th, 2011, 03:21 PM
When you email a contact - CommitCRM stores the document under the docs tab of the account - No problem. My question is, how do you see which contact this email is linked to.

Support Team
May 17th, 2011, 06:06 AM
While viewing the list of Documents select the document email line and instead of double clicking it (this will open the email message itself) select the 'Show' option (the bottom of the tab or on the toolbar). This will open the RangerMSP Document properties Window where you can see the linked Contact.

Hope this helps.
Dina

Dsweigart
May 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Yes that does help on any single email. What would you suggest I do when I am scrolling through hundreds of emaisl trying to find a specific contact? I dont see any way to add the contact field to the documents view screen.

Support Team
May 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Good point. I will add a feature request to show the Contact field in the documents list view.

Thanks,
Dina

Support Team
May 18th, 2011, 06:08 AM
One more thing I thought of - you can always use the Advanced Export Wizard to export the Documents list and include the Contact field in the exported file. It's definitely not a resolution yet you may use it from time to time and it will probably be faster than opening each Document Properties window.

HTH,
Dina

Dsweigart
May 18th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Thanks for adding it to your feature request list. The export wizard is at least a way to get the info temporarily.