PDA

View Full Version : Notes Tab data being removed

AN-Tech
May 10th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Recently we noticed that data from the notes tab on accounts is missing much of the data that used to be there. At first I thought I had accidentally deleted from an account but now am seeing it on most of the accounts that have a fair amount of data in the notes tab.

We do have Interlink and Labtech 2011 both setup to synchronize withCommitCRM. So it may be possible that one of these is causing data to be truncated or removed. Can someone else who uses either of these programs please check to see if they are missing data as well?

As a test on friday we pasted several pages of text from a website into the notes tab and on monday there was only about 30 lines worth left so something is definitely going on here.

lpopejoy
May 10th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Wow, that is SO not good. We use both products as you do, but have not seen that issue, but you have me worried now!

I'm pretty sure that Interlink isn't the culprit for you, but I can't be sure. Do you have the option "Sync Clients\Contacts to accounts" checked in your Labtech integration?

AN-Tech
May 10th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I think I just confirmed that it is Labtech that is doing this. I opened one of the clients in Labtech that we are missing information from and see that it is syncing the notes data with CommitCRM and it also is missing information. Just to test things I tried adding more data in the Labtech window and it wouldn't let me without removing something. They must have their field limit set too low and it gets rid of anything beyond that.

lpopejoy
May 10th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Glad you found that. how many characters is that?

AN-Tech
May 10th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Somewhere around 450 I think.