PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Techs Time

markccni
May 5th, 2011, 06:53 AM
What is the best report to run to track a tech's time on an hour by hour basis?

Also, how can I make sure that a tech is inputting their time in the system? Are there any tricks to this? I am having to constantly monitor the techs to see if they are filling out their work orders.

Support Team
May 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Several different reports can be used to track tech's time. For example you can use 'Employee Charges Report'. Please note that you can also print any of the Charge based reports and filter it to list only Charges logged by a specific employee - this way all totals and time listed will be related to the specific technician, even if you selected an Accounts based Charge report.

Another report to look at is the 'Monthly Hours Summary by Employees', this report lists all days of the month an for each day shows how many hours have been logged by each employee.

One of the methods to verify technicians log their time and enter Charge records is to configure the system not to allow completing Tickets without Charges being logged under them. A SysAdmin user can enable this (at the alert and block levels) under the Tools > Options > Tickets (Admin) tab.

Hope this helps.
Sheli

I-Netcs
May 9th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Sheli, I've had a need too to track a tech time, and weather the tech has been paid for a ticket.

I have some freelance per diem tech's and a feature such as this would be super helpful. Maybe even generate a check out to qucikbooks.

Support Team
May 10th, 2011, 06:17 AM
I believe that some of our users use the 'Field1' data field of the Charge record to track the paid-to-freelance-status of each individual Charge record (and you can rename this field to anything you like simply by double clicking the field label). You can customize the drop down values of this field to values such as 'Not Paid', 'Paid','Should Not Be Paid', etc. and use it to track your payments to freelancers. I does require some manual work though it does give you control on the freelancers work time and whether they've been paid for it already or not.

Hope this helps,
Sheli