PDA

View Full Version : Contractors on the same ticket via web ?

neilmac
May 3rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
I have two contractors and I would like them to both be able to enter time on the same ticket.

At the moment they have only web access to commit, and the only way I can get them to see the ticket is to designate one or the other as the manager of the ticket, then they see it when they log in. However, they do not see tickets when they are not designated as the manager. Whoever I make manager, the other one does not see the ticket.

I have tested with the option for privelages, see other users tickets, however they are not abkle to see any tickets that don't have them as the manager.

I don’t want them to see all tickets as I have other tickets with other customers that they should not see.

How do I get it so they can both enter time for the same ticket via the web interface ?

Many thanks

Support Team
May 3rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
neilmac,

Thank you for posting this.

You wrote:
I have tested with the option for privelages, see other users tickets, however they are not abkle to see any tickets that don't have them as the manager.

Well, if you do allow users to see other users Tickets they should be able to see them. As you are referring to subcontractors I'm sure both have access to see this specific Account data. So my guess is that after changing the privileges groups you have restarted RangerMSP Web Interface service. Please try to restart it and your subcontractors users should be able to see all Tickets of all users for the Accounts records they have access to.

Hope this helps,
Sheli

neilmac
May 3rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
Yes I have restarted the web interface service multiple times, every time I make a change. I have been testing for a while now, and it's definitive.

My web users can only see tickets where they are listed as the manager. This means it not possible to have two subcontractors enter charges on the same ticket.

I am happy to give you a log on so you can see for yourself.

What can we do ?

Neil

Support Team
May 3rd, 2011, 09:11 AM
Neil,

It seems like it has to be something with your local user privileges settings (like you're updating the wrong privileges) - make sure you update the group you use and assign to your subcontractor users and that once saved the Web interface is restarted.

If a user has the privileges to see "Other Employees Tickets" then using the Web interface they should see ALL Tickets related to the Accounts they are authorized to see. This is true whether they are the Ticket manager or not.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sheli

neilmac
May 3rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Well, I have designated these guys as subcontractors, and set the subcontractor permissions to access other employees tickets, however, if they are not the manager, they don't see the ticket.

What other settings do you think I have missed ?

Neil

Support Team
May 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Neil,

I've just tried it here and all worked as expected.

Please make sure that -
1. The privileges group enables the settings and allows "Other Employees Tickets".
2. The subcontractors employee user is assigned to this privileges group.

Also note that when you log into the Web interface the Tickets are filtered to only display your own Tickets. When you have the privileges you can filter to see "All Tickets" (using a drop down list of filtering option), maybe you simply did not select to see all Tickets.
If you can't see the Tickets from the Tickets list and cannot select "All Tickets" from the drop down visit the Account details page and see whether you have access to all of the Accounts Tickets from there.

Hope this helps.
Sheli

neilmac
May 4th, 2011, 05:03 AM
Hi, Sheli.

Yep, that was it. I was relying on feedback from the remote user and he didn't spot it.

Thanks for your patience and bearing with me.

NM

Support Team
May 4th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Great! Thanks for the update.