PDA

View Full Version : insert differnt blocks of text into timers and charges --

raymond
May 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
not sure exactly what options are place at this point but it would be SUPER cool if we could right click in the details box in a charge and insert templated text... this needs to available at the timer level as well. We find we are typing similar text again and again and it would be a big time saver if we could simply right click and insert blocks of pre-typed text into the charge (and timer!). This is different than having pre-determined (labor) items or even templates as these are just one-off labor charges which usually include more than one block of text. Currently we are using a separate text file with predetermined text and cutting/pasting... not super efficient or centralized.

thanks!

//ray

lpopejoy
May 2nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
I've been wishing that we could do the same thing with ticket details... We have to fill out some tickets with a requred set of data... (Serial #, Physical Damage, Problem, Tracking #, etc). Having a template that had all those labels prefilled would be really cool and create some consistency for us.

I've been thinking about posting this, but figured it was too much to ask... But since you started the thread, Ray, I'll 2nd it! :)

Support Team
May 2nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys.

In regards to Charges - I think that you should reconsider the way you use Items. An Item can have an unlimited text description with several paragraphs etc. Once selected it'll all be copied to the Charge Description. Now I understand that you are referring to one-off labor charges - however - as you want to template it it means that you need to use it several times and therefore should reconsider using a dedicated Item for each case.

The above doesn't refer to the Timer description and Ticket description and I will add both as feature requests.

Thanks,
Dina

AN-Tech
May 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
We use a program called Flashpaste (flashpaste.com) for this purpose. It's reasonably priced, has a local and shared database options and can also be used as a portable app if you need to run it from a flash drive.

Ed

raymond
May 3rd, 2011, 08:21 PM
We track everything primarily by employee, not by tasks in the items list... also, 80% of what we do is custom services so having individual items for each task would be unmanageable. A built in flahspaste would be ideal if it were embeded within CommitCRM... (!)

thanks --

//ray

lpopejoy
June 15th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Dina,

Any chance of some functionality to insert a predefined block of text into a ticket description? We need to always have certain types of data in certain types of tickets. ...Just trying to figure out the best way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Luke

Support Team
June 16th, 2011, 06:16 AM
It's on our list however this hasn't been something we've worked on recently.

Thanks for asking.
Dina