PDA

View Full Version : outlook field mapping --

raymond
April 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM
can someone post (or email me directly) the the information of how the fields in outlook map to CommitCRM (and vice-versa).

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
April 25th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Hi Ray,

The sync and field matching is pretty much straight forward. I recommend that you create a test Outlook Contacts folder, select (your user) to sync it with RangerMSP and see how it all works. Then, revert back and select to sync with your real Outlook folder as before (in case it was set). Before syncing with Outlook for the first time it is always a good practice to backup both RangerMSP and Outlook.

Thanks,
Dina

raymond
April 25th, 2011, 11:12 AM
really? you want me to waste my time manually mapping these out through testisting back and forth syncs with our production data when you already have this information on hand?

We need is a simple spreadsheet that shows us how the fields map between outlook and CommitCRM (this should be readily available to all that have purchased the software).

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
April 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately we currently do not have it - the field mappings are straight forward - name to name, phone to phone, address to address, etc. (personally, I don't recall any previous question about this and I guess this is why we don't list these mappings on our Wiki). Anyway, I'll add a note regarding this based on this feedback.

Thanks.
Dina