PDA

View Full Version : Default External Recipient for Account Tickets

philrl9
April 18th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know how I could setup a default client email address that gets copied on every ticket for an account? One of our clients has an manager that would like to be able to monitor all ticket activity by getting copied on all ticket-related emails.

I know that you can go to the Email Recipients tab once the ticket has been created, but I'd like to set it up in advance.

Thanks.

AN-Tech
April 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
There isnt a way to do this now but I also have that request from some of our clients. Please add this to the to-do list for a future release.

Support Team
April 18th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Yes, we have this on file. Thank you.

When manually adding Tickets the Account Email1 field is automatically copied as an Email Recipient, so you may try to store the manger email address there, it'll reduce manual work as this one is added automatically. However, it does not cover all cases. Please do note that while you're in the New Ticket Window the Email Recipients field can hold as many email addresses as you want, separate each with a semicolon (;) and when the Ticket is created all email addresses will be converted into separate External Recipients for this Ticket.

Hope this helps.
Dina

lpopejoy
April 19th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Can you put multiple emails in the main account window - separated by a semicolon? ...then these would get added to all new tickets?

Support Team
April 20th, 2011, 06:41 AM
Storing several email addresses under the same Email field will not work. The email field is designed to hold a single email address. One of the reasons for this is to allow the email connector identify Accounts/Contacts by an exact email address when an email arrives and the email connector tries to search the Account to open a new Ticket under. To store multiple email addresses use the separate Email fields and secondary Contacts.

Thanks,
Sheli