PDA

View Full Version : Changing CommitCRM server

natrat
March 12th, 2011, 03:36 AM
hi all,

I'm having some issues with connectivity with the SQL version of CommitCRM (Advantage database), both workstation clients and getting Interlink running. The discovery process (where the client or ODBC connection looks for the advantage server) fails randomly.

Haven't had any luck troubleshooting that part of the problem so as a test I am going to move the CommitCRM server off my SBS2008 box onto a dedicated Server 2008 32 bit instance.

I've looked through the Wiki but I can't find instructions for moving CommitCRM to a new server, normal or SQL version.

Is the process: backup old Commit, install CommitCRM server on new box, Install CommitCRM SQL, install purchased add-ons, copy over all my licenses for add-ons/employees etc, restore CommitCRM backup to new server?

ta
nathan

sudogreg
March 12th, 2011, 09:53 AM
thats pretty much the process. remember you cant have the sql server running twice on the same network... other than that we have moved CommitCRM system many times without issue. make sure that Data Execution Prevention is set properly, and the ads server is exempt from DEP.

natrat
March 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks. Just found these docs too buried in a thread too:

(removed by the Support team, see note below)

Be a good idea to add this to the wiki CommitCRM support guys and gals, its the first place I look for support as I assume it would have links to all documentation. I did Wiki searches on server move, moving server, changing server, change server, upgrade server and no hits.

natrat
March 12th, 2011, 05:04 PM
That document also doesn't mention SQL version but I'm assuming after backing up CommitCRM on the old server, you should also stop the Advantage database and install it on the new server after copying all the CommitCRM files over.

Support Team
March 13th, 2011, 12:41 PM
natrat, we removed the link you posted as it was referring to a very old page which wasn't accurate and, as you mentioned, did not include the information about moving services, SQL and more. We'll be removing this old page from our Web site.

We have the updated information for this ready to send you by email. Please contact us directly and we'll send you all details.

The RangerMSP Team

natrat
March 13th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Have emailed.

caseyd
March 23rd, 2011, 05:02 PM
I would appreciate those instructions as well.
We are currently having issues with the VM that is running our CommitCRM install.
Including the Advantage SQL DB

We want to migrate it over to a new VM but are concerned about the instructions.
Please email or make those instructions available publicly.

Thanks in advance.

Support Team
March 24th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Sure. Please contact us directly by email.

natrat
April 4th, 2011, 05:27 AM
Process was simple, by the way. not really sure that the secrecy is needed or warranted but the change is simple to do.