PDA

View Full Version : Rich Text

itognet
February 24th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Hi,

In the report designer, I can choose DBRichText.

But how do I alter the text in a field in Commit, do be Rich.

I am thinking of the field Description in Ticket.
I want to do some words BOLD and other in COLOR.

Thanks.

Support Team
February 24th, 2011, 06:23 AM
RichText components allow you to load basic RTF files, for example if you created a simple RTF file in Word and want to load it, to serve as your header etc. (though embedding an image is a better approach). I'm referring to the standard field, not the dbRichText one which is there for future use - the RangerMSP database does not store data in RTF fotmat.

Hope this helps.
Dina

lpopejoy
February 24th, 2011, 07:19 AM
How do you embed an image for use as a header? In my reports, I can't change the header - it is all based on what is saved in Tools-> Reports. I would love to use an image instead of the rtf because for some reason on my PC the header text starts getting double spaced after CommitCRM has been open for awhile - causing the header to take up a forth of the page. If I could save the header as an image, I don't think I would have that problem.

Support Team
February 24th, 2011, 07:46 AM
This will apply to customized reports: Select the image component from the Report Designer toolbar, place it on the report layout, right click it and select Picture... the click Load and select a BMP file (small one...).
Note that the header you specified under Tools > Options > Reports will still be printed... so you may want to remove it completely, but keep in mind that this will affect All reports).

HTH
Dina

lpopejoy
February 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Ok, sorry to hijack this thread...

So you are saying the steps you mentioned would need to be performed on ALL custom reports individually BUT then the system reports would have no header? hmm... I guess I'll live w/ it...

itognet
February 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry to say.

COME ON!

I have see several post, where you write: .... is there for future use ....

PLEASE make whatever to plan for future use INVISIBLE. It is so easy. Visible := False

I thought that CommitCRM could do certain things, and I have sold your product relaying on these things, like Richtext.

Now you write future use. This is the future, especially when you still goes with Delphi 3.

Please consider.