PDA

View Full Version : Email connector

ylomnstr
January 28th, 2011, 07:10 AM
We just installed the email connector yesterday. The updates and notifications are working fine, but for some reason, when someone assigns a ticket to me or updates a ticket that I own, I don't get an email. Everyone else in the company is getting it when theirs gets updated. The only thing I know that I have different is that I'm listed as the Default Manager under the Tickets (Admin) option. Is that the reason? I can't take that out because I am responsible for tickets put in via the web. Any suggestions?

Support Team
January 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Email Connector is responsible for Email Threading, it doesn't send update alerts on Ticket updates. What does send alerts on updates is Alerts Server.

Go to Tools > Options > Alerts tab and make sure you've enabled to received email alerts to your users. Note - when testing it make sure another user performs the update, this is because users don't get alerts to update they perform.

In regards to being notified on Email Threading - go to Tools > Options > Tickets-2 tab and make sure you selected to participate in email threads.

Hope this helps.
Sheli

ylomnstr
January 28th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I've checked this and it's all right. Any other suggestions?

Support Team
January 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Thank you for the update. Please provide more details on what exactly doesn't work and how exactly did you test it. We will then try to help and troubleshoot it. The more details we have the better it is.

Thanks,
Sheli

ylomnstr
January 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Let's say a new ticket is created and the manager is changed to me and they save it, i do not get the email notification that the ticket is in my queue. all of my other employees get the email when a ticket is assigned to their queue.

we've tested it by changing ownership on various tickets from techs to me and vice versa. they get the emails, but i dont. also, if a ticket in my queue has been updated with a history note by another tech, i do not get that notification. they all get notifications when their tickets get updated by other techs.

Support Team
January 28th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the additional information.

Such alerts are part of the RangerMSP Alerts Server.

It seems that your user alerting settings are turned OFF, or that they are turned ON but no alerting settings are selected for you (like when the get alerts when being a Ticket Manager is not set), or that in your user alerts settings an invalid email address was selected to send your alerts to.

All these settings can be configured under Tools > Options > Alerts for your user. Make sure all settings are valid.

You can learn more about the user level alerts settings here.

When testing it have other users perform the updates and see if you receive the notifications.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Sheli

ylomnstr
January 31st, 2011, 06:45 AM
Can I send you a screenshot of my settings? My settings are exactly as the other guys here, yet I'm not getting the notifications.

Support Team
January 31st, 2011, 06:50 AM
Yes, please do. Send the following to support at RangerMSP dot com.
Please send us:
1. A screenshot of the Tools > Options > Alerts tab.
2. A screenshot of your Employee record window - both tabs where your email addresses are displayed.
3. You RangerMSP log files (using the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP).

Thanks,
Sheli

ylomnstr
January 31st, 2011, 07:08 AM
OK I have sent the requested info.