PDA

View Full Version : tickets inbox listing completed/closed tickets --

raymond
January 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not understanding why the Inbox for tickets (recieved through the email connector) shows tickets that are completed and closed... once a ticket is closed, we want it to drop off of this view.

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
January 27th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Tickets are automatically entered into the Tickets Inbox where an external update occurs to this Ticket - a customer sends a reply to the Ticket, a customer log into the Customer Web portal and update the Ticket (or adds a note to it), etc.
Now, Tickets are not automatically removed from the Inbox. Just like with any Inbox you need to specifically remove it from there. This is because you need to make sure you saw the external customer update. The fact that you close a Ticket doesn't guarantee you saw it and we consider external customer updates as ones that have to be manually confirmed (i.e. remove from Inbox).

Hope this makes sense.
Dina

AN-Tech
January 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I think I need to review how the Inbox works. I didn't really see a benefit for using it and have just stuck with regular ticket list.

Support Team
January 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
ascendnet,

It's a very useful feature once you get to use it.

Please find some useful links -

The relevant user guide for the Tickets Invoice feature can be found here.

Thanks,
Dina

AN-Tech
January 27th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'll check it out, thanks.

Might be helpful if the read/unread icons were a bit more different. They all kind of blend in there and look the same.

raymond
January 27th, 2011, 12:38 PM
OK -- that kind of makes sense.

After hammering on this for about 10 days now, we are starting to really like how the Email Connector is working... niced job!

//ray

Support Team
January 27th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks Ray!

lpopejoy
January 29th, 2011, 09:11 AM
What happens if you complete a ticket and remove it from the inbox, and then a client responds to that ticket? will it appear in the inbox once again? ...or will it create a new ticket?

Also, I wish there were some visual alert on the inbox when there are new items there. It is FAR too easy to go a day without checking the inbox, because you don't realize something new is there.

raymond
January 29th, 2011, 02:18 PM
as CommitCRM support said and what's really important to understand is that the inbox isn't really the ticket (well, technically it is the ticket) but the communications within the ticket. You can always remove the ticket from the inbox (re-assign it by dragging/dropping or right click and "remove from inbox"). If the client emails back on (responds to) the ticket (i.e. the [TKT-0500-1234] appears in the subject line) then the communication will appear in the inbox, even if the ticket has been closed.

if you look at any ticket that was created by a client either through the email connector or the web interface, you will see an envelope next to (I think) the status or manager... I suppose it wouldn't be a bad option for the Inbox tab to go bold though (although the client software does not auto refresh which will probably make this not work)

cheers --

//ray