PDA

View Full Version : new ticket window --

raymond
January 26th, 2011, 03:53 PM
can we get the priority and due date windows added to the initial add ticket window? The way we work (and I assume many others), we create a ticket, add the account, add a contract if needed, type a description, assign it to a manager then click OK... we then need to go back into the ticket and assign a priority and due date (another step). What is making this that much more of an issue is that we are also using the alerts server so the manager is actually getting two alert emails for every opened ticket (one for the new ticket being assigned and the second because of the update to the priority and due date) -- it would be much smoother if these two fields were on the main "new ticket" window.

thanks!

//ray

raymond
January 26th, 2011, 06:10 PM
oh... and status! we modify the status, priority and due date on all tickets so it would be ideal if this was on the first "new ticket" window.

thanks!

//ray

Mister-c
January 27th, 2011, 02:40 AM
I second that! Makes perfect sense to have all of these on the initial creation.

Support Team
January 27th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Thank you guys for your interesting feedback.

I believe other users will want other/additional fields to be presented there. We try not to make the new Ticket window bloated with fields, it is already a very busy window.

In any case I can sure see how it would help. I just opened a feature request for this.

Thanks,
Dina

AN-Tech
January 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I'll add the check box for show ticket in dispatcher and estimated work duration. I think that would cover everything.

To keep it from getting bloated you could add a Go Advanced button in the bottom right like you have on other windows.

Support Team
January 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
I thought that different users will like different fields :-)
That's good though, it just makes it harder to keep the right balance.

We'll keep this in mind.

Thanks,
Dina

Support Team
January 27th, 2011, 10:55 AM
And... BTW - the "Show Ticket in Dispatcher" check box is already there!

Thanks,
Dina

AN-Tech
January 27th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Not different, just a couple more. Not sure there is much left after the 5 listed on the thread, other then custom fields :-)

raymond
January 27th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I agree that we don't want the window bloated but I bet if you polled the user base, 95% of them always and immediatly go back into the newly created ticket to update at least one if not all 3 remaining fields: status, priority and due date -- this would be one more line below the manager, type and source fields which wouldn't be over the top.

then again, having a Go Advanced button that opens the whole ticket window would work as well, the main point is that we are able to enter this information BEFORE the alert server sends the update email...

thanks!

//ray