PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Contacts Duplication

sandydonald
January 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Hi

Because of an issue with an Outlook Add-In I had to re-build my Outlook contacts in a way that meant that I was deleting the "old" Contact and creating a "new" Contact from a vCard copy.

During Outlook sync - one way Outlook -> CommitCRM - this has resulted in "duplicates". If I delete the contact in CommitCRM with no history and try to re-link the CommitCRM Account with the relevant Outlook Contact I get the mesage that there is alreday a link with an Outlook Contact.

Before I get myself in a real twist, can someone kindly let me know what is the best course of action to re-align my CommitCRM Accounts with the "replaced" Outlook Contacts ?

Many thanks

Sandy

Support Team
January 24th, 2011, 06:07 AM
sandydonald,

RangerMSP keeps the Outlook Contact IDs for synching purposes. When you rebuilt your Outlook Contacts they've all been assigned by Outlook with new IDs and when you synced back the record were considered as new ones.

My recommendation is that you start using another Outlook Contacts folder, pass the relevant Contacts to there, go to Tools > Options > Outlook to select this newly created Contacts folder as the one you want to sync with.
Then, create links between the RangerMSP Accounts and the Parallel Contact in Outlook. It should work as you're using a new Outlook folder. Once you've completed linking the records you can go ahead and perform a sync.

Hope this helps.
Dina

sandydonald
January 25th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Thanks - it was dawning on me that I would have to recreate a link one at a time. However, I need to use the main Contacts folder in Outlook for Windows Mobile sync and I was wondering if there is a bulk unlink Account from Outlook Contact ?

Regards

Support Team
January 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Thank you for the update on this.

I that case we'll need to send you some files and utilities that will help.

Please contact our support by email so we will be able to send you all of the relevant instructions.

Thanks,
Dina