PDA

View Full Version : Email connector and ticket priority --

raymond
January 14th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Is there a way for a client to indicate a priority level of a request through the email connector? My thoughts are that the system could use the High, Normal or Low importance/priority tag (would need to check the x-priority as well as the importance header fields) and map that to High, Normal or Low priorites in the ticket... clients should never be able to mark a ticket as Immediate or Not Applicable.

I would suggest having an option in the connector configuration widows to ignore this header field in case some folks don't want that. Also, it would be nice to be able to customize different reply emails (templates) based on these 3 levels.

thanks!

//ray

lpopejoy
January 15th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Very cool idea!

Support Team
January 17th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks Ray. This is an interesting idea indeed. I'll have it logged into our requests system. The customers will then need to know which words to use in the Subject of the email, but I guess this may be intuitive in many cases. Thanks for suggesting this.

Dina

lpopejoy
January 17th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Dina,

I think what Ray was saying is to parse the "Importance" headers already in the email. So if the customer sends an email and hits "High Importance" or "Low Importance" in Outlook, then that would carry over to the associated status inCommitCRM.

Support Team
January 17th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Thanks Luke. Got that now, I guess that I missed the x-priority header option he mentioned.

Dina

raymond
September 26th, 2011, 08:36 PM
any potential progress in this area? we would LOVE to have our clients be able to flag a ticket as normal, low or high priority just by flagging the importance header field in the email they use to open tickets!

thanks --

//ray

Support Team
September 27th, 2011, 06:46 AM
At this point we do not have any news on this. Thanks for asking.

raymond
September 27th, 2011, 03:05 PM
:-(

consider how excellent that would be though... a client can initiate a ticket via email and if they decide it is low priority, they can auto tag it a such... same for high prioriy. Since we always sort things on prioirty and due date, these would trickle to the top. Guessing some shops would want to disable this feature so an option at the connector level to "tag ticket priority according to email priority" would be helpful. We would never want clients to be able to auto tag to the highest (immedate) or lowest ticket priority (those are reserved for internal staff).

thansk!

//ray

AN-Tech
September 28th, 2011, 08:32 AM
This was just brought up by one of our major clients. They would like to be able to specify the priority based on the importance flag of their email. Please consider this for a near future update for the email connector. I'm not a programmer but I can't imagine this would take very long at all to code.

raymond
February 20th, 2012, 02:40 PM
...and any info on this deal? We already started telling our clients that they can use the priority field in thier emails to flag the importance of a ticket in the hopes that someday this would make it into the email connector.

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
February 21st, 2012, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately this one is not planned for the next release.

swallservices
March 6th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Obviously this feature alone would not justify the purchase of Interlink but...
The workaround we have implemented to give our clients the ease of submitting by e-mail, yet control their priority, is through the use of Interlink's Ticket QuickView feature. Here's what we did:

We customized Commit's automatic ticket open e-mail with a link to the newly opened ticket using Interlink's Ticket QuickView feature and then provided a reminder in the e-mail that they can use this link to check on the status of their ticket as well as change the priority.
http://s14.postimage.org/5t65gbos1/Capture.png

Once this ticket is clicked, the client is presented with a very simple drop down to change the priority of the ticket or even a button at top to add a note to a ticket.
http://s19.postimage.org/vvq04quqb/Capture2.png

On an aside, since this is over SSL, if you need a password from a client you now have a secure way of asking them for it as none of us would ever send a password in the clear in an unencrypted e-mail... right?? ;-)

PS: Obviously there are other great features of Interlink that justify it's cost or else I wouldn't have purchased it. We're only a small shop and it's still well worth the investment.

Support Team
March 7th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Good to know it works with Interlink.

Actually this is the very same implementation of what users do with the Email Connector and the RangerMSP Customer Web portal.

We can enable the Priority field for your customers in the Web portal, then, when a customer sends an email a new Ticket is created and the customer gets an automated email response (customizable) with links to the Ticket in the portal. They can then click it and be directed directly to the Ticket in the portal where they can change the Ticket priority as well as other things...

Thanks!

raymond
May 26th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Any progress on this suggestion? The work arounds suggested all require a client to take additional steps to log into an interface and modify the ticket. This is both tedious and something that just isn't reasonable to ask a client to do (our goal is to make life easier, not harder for our clients!).

This is such an easy thing to implement... All that the connector needs to do is when tasked with creating a new ticket, check the priority flag on the original email and mark the ticket accordingly. Seriously, this is a tiny sub-routine that should take but a couple of hours to implement (most of the time would be in updating the email connector interface to all shops to enable or disable as desired) and as you can see, there is definite interest. Please, can we get this into the next build!?!

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
May 27th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Hi ray, thanks for following up on this. We have this request on file and it will be evaluated. I can say that it is not included in the next release. Thanks again.

raymond
March 5th, 2014, 01:43 PM
Wanted to check in on this feature. It seems to me to be a relatively trivial modification to be able to parse the importance of the email (the flag or whatever you want to call it) so that clients can prioritize tickets as High, Normal or Low priority based simply on the importance/priority tag of the email (marking the email request through the email connector as high or low)... folks would naturally want a way to disable this at the email connector but again, this would be relatively trivial.

thanks!

//ray

Support Team
March 6th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Thank you for raising this again. Currently there are no news, we have this on file though.

thankgod
October 16th, 2015, 12:29 AM
+1 on this ... any updates?

Support Team
October 16th, 2015, 06:02 AM
We have this request on file. At this time we do not have any updates about it. Thanks for voting.