PDA

View Full Version : Web Interface

netplatforms
December 8th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hi,

Just trying to install the web interface for employees and am not able to register or install the webinterface.exe through command prompt.

The physical path of the file is:

C:\Data\File Server\Applications\CommitCRM\WebInterface\CommitW ebInterface.exe -install

Every time i run it its gives Windows can not find error.

Help please!

Channi

Support Team
December 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Channi,

I guess this is because you have a space character in the path.

Open Command Prompt, on your server, As Administrator (important).
Then type the command again but add " at the start and end of the path.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Dina

netplatforms
December 9th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Dina,

I tried with the " marks at the start and end of the path but still no luck. Its gives an error saying Windows can not find.....

The exact path is C:\Data\File Server\Applications\CommitCRM\WebInterface.exe

And i am putting this in the comand prompt: "C:\Data\File Server\Applications\CommitCRM\WebInterface.exe" -install

Dont know why its gives the error?

Channi

Support Team
December 9th, 2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure what is causing this. I just managed to run this command here.

Please verify that you open Command Prompt on your server as Administrator. Also verify that you're using the accurate path.
In case you can use the short path name instead of the long one (i.e. "DOS" like with the ~sign, it may help as we tend to believe the issue is with the space (something the quotes usually resolve).

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Dina

netplatforms
December 10th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Hi Dina,

I have tried all possible ways but its still not working using the command prompt. Is there another way like just double clicking on the file directly to run the service?

Channi

Support Team
December 13th, 2010, 06:09 AM
No. The service has to be installed and it normally installed simply by running a single command :-(

Can you please capture a screenshot of the error message you receive and send it to us by email?
We want to see the exact message/code to provide you with more information.

Also, review the errors under the Event Log, maybe something is log there that may shed some light on this.

Thanks,
Dina