PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM & Exchange Sync

lpopejoy
December 7th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Do you think you guys would consider building the Exchange sync into the "server" part ofCommitCRM? I'm getting really tired of that CommitCRM sync box popping up every 30 minutes. It seems like this kind of thing really should run as a service on the server providing a near real time synchronization...

hayden
December 7th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Would love that.

AND

Have the email connector 'plug-in' to Exchange some how... almost so we could use public folders instead.

nattivillin
December 7th, 2010, 07:27 PM
public folders + public cal would be great.

lpopejoy
December 7th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I can see some advantage to Public folder calendar, but then it wouldn't sync to Mobile phones which is one of the big reasons to have it on the calendar to begin with... At least I don't know of a way to get a Public Calendar on a blackberry or an Exchange ActiveSync device.

raymond
October 6th, 2011, 05:08 PM
exchange sync as a service on the server would be AWESOME! would need an interface to map and configure each user account that is getting sync-ed but that should be pretty easy. Having to have a workstation running with CommitCRM open (which consumes a license) is not a great option... the point being that if I'm out of the office, that's exactly when I need my stuff to sync... (!)

//ray

northwestmsp
October 8th, 2011, 12:10 PM
+1 for us. We've started threads and talked about this extensively. Exchange integration on the server side is the #1 feature/issue (popups, does not sync when out of office) our techs complain about.

sudogreg
October 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
i will pay for a plugin... 3rd party or CommitCRM developed. lets get this working, i was trying to get the "workaround" going by installing outlook on a server for all users etc, not working properly. anyone have any success with it?

itognet
October 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hi everybody, and Commit,

I am able to develop a server application for this.
I hope, that it will be okay for CommitCRM that I bring different features as 3rd party software, because we (CommitCRM customers) can't wait forever for all these features.

Why I am doing this? Well, As I can see, CommitCRM have 90% of what IT firms needs for competing today, served a bit old'y / ugly. And it is hard to find another piece of software doing what CommitCRM is doing.
But but, We want these features now! - Interlink is a good example (don't know it? Check it out). They brings features alive that some of us needs.
That is why! Some of us have some special needs, which I can satisfy.

Should I start a project?! - I want to hear CommitCRM point of view, about a 3rd party software doing some of this.

//Dennis.

sudogreg
October 9th, 2011, 03:30 PM
--itognet--

CommitCRM will allow 3rd party development, and i am sure they will assist if possible. We the users would LOVE something like you are talking about. Be ready to get hit with a lot of "do this!" requests///

here is the first...

Support Team
October 10th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Hi Dennis! Thank you for posting this.

We welcome any type of third party development and integration and will be willing to help! Whether it adds new functionality to RangerMSP or offers an alternative to an existing or a future feature. This is exactly why we offer an open API and why we've significantly enhanced and simplified it together with the 5.6 release. If you want to learn about the new API libraries please send us an email.

Thanks,
Sheli

northwestmsp
October 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM
We would be in for Exchange integration.

sctelcom
November 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
We concur: direct sync between CommitCRM and Exchange is needed. We cannot use the CommitCRM calendar because most of our users are laptop, mobile & remote users who need to be in/out in short timeframe. Short of keeping an Outlook instance online constantly for each and every user, CommitCRM currently offers no good way of syncing CommitCRM Calendar with users' Exchange calendars.

We would like to see CommitCRM put development efforts toward this (as would many other CommitCRM exchange users).

Thank you for all you do - please seriously consider this.

nattivillin
January 11th, 2012, 09:30 PM
What about something for hosted exchange?

racassel
January 12th, 2012, 04:54 AM
I personally don't want all that confidental data in my engineers Outlook. By nature they will sync it everywhere, and off goes all your contact information, you might as well consider it giving them a permanent copy of what you've worked so hard for all these years. Laptops are lost and stolen all the time, and they won't take the time to encrypt thier hard drives.

If your are working on an Exchange link, how could it work with Exchange Online? I moved to Office 365, and there is no looking back for an in-house Exhange server.

Microsoft is adding 20,000 Sharepoint users per day. It's time to get with the program :)
https://sn2prd0502.outlook.com/owa/?exsvurl=1&realm=office365.com&CBCXT=out&wa=wsignin1.0

Support Team
January 12th, 2012, 06:28 AM
@nattivillin - This will probably require another sort of implementation as the connection to the remote server may be different. In any case (and you probably know this already), if your Outlook works with a hosted Exchange you can still sync it with RangerMSP already. RangerMSP will access Outlook and get the relevant data from it.

@racassel - thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks.

racassel
January 12th, 2012, 07:00 AM
The correct link to the Sharepoint article is here:
http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20074853-12/reviewed-office-365/