PDA

View Full Version : Adjust hours used in contract

signals
November 29th, 2010, 10:48 AM
We are switching over from using Quickbooks to monitor hours to Commit's contracts. The problem we have is in trying to adjust the number of hours used. For example, we create a contract for a block of time of 10 hours. The contract in Quickbooks only has 3 hours left, how can I tell CommitCRM that 7 of the 10 hours have been used? This would also hold true if we decide to credit some time back to a customer. How do we easily add or delete time from the contract?

Thanks In Advance,
Jim

Support Team
November 29th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Jim,

There are several options for this -

First, you can add a special Time Charge for this Contract say "7 Hours logged in QuickBooks" with a 7 hours charge, this will affect the block balance and will leave only 3 hours in this contract.

Another option would be to modify the initial value of the block from 10 to 3, this can be done by selecting the Contract in the Contracts window, then from the Contracts menu select the "Modify Initial Block Value" and change the block from 10 to 3. This option, however, will cause the Contract for the next period (in case this is a recurring block of time contract) to have the modified block value, so it's not the optimal solution for recurring contracts.

To credit some hours on a Block of Time hours simply add a time Charge and in the Hours field set a negative value. For example, -7 will credit the block by 7 hours. You can even create a "Credit" labor Item for this and use it for those credit Charges, this will help you easily locate credits transactions.

I hope this helps,
Bracha

signals
December 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
I think creating "bogus" charges is the best way to adjust the hours, plus it gives us a space to document why we made changes. Thanks for the response. Still getting used to how the software works but it's definitely helping us track our time better already!

thanks,
Jim