PDA

View Full Version : Item charges

lwilson
November 26th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Is there anyway, in the Charge-Product/Part box, when an item is picked from the item field that the price field can be changed to show the cost of a part instead of the retail price. That way I could move onto the markup, put in a percentage and the total would be the retail price. As it is, it pulls the retail price from the item list and I have to manually enter it as cost, choose the markup to make the total show the retail price.
Any ideas?

Support Team
November 29th, 2010, 06:07 AM
lwilson,

The Item Price (retail price) is indeed taken to the Charge record Price field.
Markups/Discounts are designed to be applies on top of the retail price (i.e. your list price), not the cost.

In case you have specific markups/discounts on the retail price, for specific customers, you can use the Custom Pricing feature. For example, this will allow you to apply 10% markup on all products/parts (or to selected one) and you'll never need to manually markup/down it when adding Charges (it affects the price listed in the Charge).
It is a very powerful tool. In case you're not using the Custom Pricing feature already, you can learn more about it here.

Hope this helps.
Dina