PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Importing

Dsweigart
November 23rd, 2010, 01:42 PM
I am evaluating your product and comparing it to Connectwise, Autotask and Tigerpaw,

We have an exchange server that we share a public contacts folder – it contains 1000 Accounts and 3000 Contacts. In one of our other divisions we use a Shared version of Business Contact Manager which has 400 Accounts and 1600 Contacts. We also use QuickBooks not linked to anything. I have read your forums on how to do the importing and what issues other users have experienced. Currently we are able in outlook to display Accounts vs Contacts because we have different views, also every Contact is linked to an Account. So as I understand it there is no way to import Accounts as Accounts and Contacts as Contacts linked to the Accounts on the contact tab. Yes I know I can make 1000 separate spreadsheets for each Account with only their Contacts and then import them in. This would be an unbelievably long process. I can’t believe a customer of an size could possibly do this. Then beyond that I would have to manually link them all to QuickBooks – which is ok – This would be once and done.

We use GFI Max to RMM all of our customers. You have an Asset tab – do you or are you planning to have a direct interface with GFI like your competitors? Entering this data by hand would not be possible – we have thousands and thousands of assets.

How did you all accomplish this?

Support Team
November 23rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Dsweigart,

Thank you for posting this.

You can import all of your Outlook Contacts and RangerMSP will create a separate Account for each. As far as I understand, you are already aware that you can import secondary contacts for each Account in RangerMSP, however, this require a separate Contacts import file (like an Excel file with the Contacts spreadsheet). Unfortunately, at this stage I can not recommend on a better way to achieve this. We have received a similar request recently and I believe that we will check our options and try to provide a more efficient solution for this - first time Accounts <-> Contacts import procedure - however, this won't help too much at this stage...

Assets can be imported, so if you can export the Assets from GFI Max you should be able to import them into RangerMSP.

Currently we offer integration with some other RMM systems, anyway, we see the GFI Max is becoming more popular each day and may contact them to discuss live integration between the two systems.
Besides, we offer an open API where anyone with some programming skills can develop integrations with any third party, so if GFI Max offers some APIs it shouldn't be too hard for a programmer to integrate the systems (I actually believe that at least one customer wrote such an integration, maybe you can ask the team at GFI Max whether they know more about it).
You can learn more about our open API here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sherry