PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Actual Time AND Billed Time

BryanP
November 19th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Is there a way to track actual time, but still bill the customer based on our minimums and rounding?

For instance, for on-site phone work, we have a 2-hour minimum with 30 minute increments after that. So times might look like this for a tech:

Actual Billed
1 hr 2 hrs
2.25 hrs 2.5 hrs
0.5 hrs 2 hrs
Totals
3.75 hrs 6.5 hrs

Both numbers are valuable to us. I need to see if a tech is overworked or underutilized, and I obviously have to bill the customers correctly. It seems that the charges only allow you to record the time you want billed, however, and not the actual time spent.

Support Team
November 19th, 2010, 09:14 AM
BryanP,

Charge information is designed for customer billing purposes. You should log the time you wish to charge the customer (or reduce from his Block of Time Contract).

That being said, each Charge has a From Time - To Time fields. These should represent the actual time the technician started to work on the job and stopped working on it.

You can prevent customers from seeing the start/end times information. That being said, I do understand that this does not provide the exact solution to what you described in your post.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dina