PDA

View Full Version : Accounts and New Tickets feature requests

belliez
November 17th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Hi,

I am wondering if I can ask for a couple of feature requests which I am sure will really improve (and speed up using commit) and is a fairly simple to program.

[1] When I open a new ticket I start typing the customer name and the new ticket form auto completes if the customer is already in the database. If they are not I have to click the + button and then re-type their name in again. It would be great if this would automatically fill the contact name on the New Account form based on what was typed in already. Alternatively, if you click the + button to open the New Account form, typing in the name or company will indicate if the user or company is already in the system (for times when I click the + button before searching for the customer name).

[2] It would be great if I can add my own custom fields / questions to ask my customers on the New Ticket form i.e. for my computer shop I can add the following:

Data Backup Required: Yes/No (defaults to yes)
Priority Repair: Yes/No (defaults to no)
etc (i.e. any question I would like to ask a customer when opening a new ticket which wont get forgotten).

How I would like to see it would be to to customise both the question and answer and allow the answer to be a text box, or list box with customisable list items (see [3] below for example).

[3] Same as [2] above but for New Asset form (i.e. OS version, condition of equipment, items received such as a tick box for PSU, Laptop, Desktop, Monitor, CDs etc).

Thanks for some great software and hope that maybe these features may appear in the CommitCRM soon (and will be my encouragement to subscribe to the yearly upgrade plan).

Paul

Support Team
November 17th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Hi Paul,

Thank you for posting these, very clear, suggestions. I will log them as feature requests and we will sure evaluate them for future releases. As you know it a lot is dependent on popularity.

Thanks again.

Dina.

lpopejoy
November 19th, 2010, 06:49 PM
I would just like to be able to customize that new ticket window and REQUIRE data entry on the fields that I specify. The most important thing I wish were there that isn't is the ticket due date - and it would be nice to be able to set that to a default value... Like ticket due date should be two business days past the ticket open date, that value could then be adjusted to whatever you wanted.