PDA

View Full Version : Email connector: Emails with cc's attached

hayden
November 11th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hi there,

Is it possible to do the following:

1) User sends email to email connector
2) User has 4 cc'ed email addresses attached to support email
3) CommitCRM detects the main sender and the 4 cc'ed emails and adds them to the ticket

Because mine currently does not do this. It only adds the main sender.

Thanks

Support Team
November 12th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Hayden,

Only the Sender email address is automatic being added as an External Recipient, this protects the system from sending technicians replies to unintended recipients (remember the technician can reply to Tickets from their mobile devices, and they're not aware of the entire distribution list, this is fine as long as the distribution list (External Recipients) is monitored, it might have unwanted results when the technician reply will be distributed to unwanted people.

That being said I can see the point of what you're asking, maybe it should be an optional features that can be enabled or disabled for each system. I'll have this request log. Thanks.

Thanks,
Dina

hayden
November 15th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks.

The main reason for this is that sometimes people have multiple managers. I've have this with 3 customers where they always cc in managers, or the managers cc in people affected by certain things. It would be quite helpful.

Users can always be trained to check the distribution list first :) It's quite a bit of effort, time wise, to add these after the ticket is created.