PDA

View Full Version : Tracking Per Diem employee payments?

I-Netcs
November 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hi guy's

I have a couple of Per Diem employees, they get paid for tickets they close. Of course if a ticket is from a prior week or date period it's easy to over look and not pay a tech.

I think an option for tracking paying people, similar to the billed flag for a ticket.

I'm trying to get a feeler to see how many people would think this is a good feature and can utilize such a feature.

lpopejoy
November 9th, 2010, 04:24 AM
So you pay a flat rate for each ticket closed?

Why couldn't you just run a report showing tickets completed for each employee? I'm not sure if this is possible, but you may want to modify their permissions so they can't "edit" completed dates (to avoid payment twice for the same ticket).

Another option would be to add a non-billable item called "pay tech" to each ticket that they complete, and then report on that item, but I don't know why you would want to do it that way...

I-Netcs
November 9th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Yes I'm paying a tech a flat rate $x per hour. For the ticket.

I currently run the report, but if a ticket was worked on Friday, and not completed until say the following Monday or Tuesday, on the report it comes up on both weeks.

I don't think the non billable item is the way to go. I can figure out how many hours to pay the tech.

Right now what I do is on Quickbooks itemize which payment is for what ticket. It works, and it's a little extra work. I was wondering how everyone else does it? I just thought it would be a nice option or feature if a lot of people use per diem people or even for dealing sub contractors payment.