PDA

View Full Version : Error when sending item to Quickbooks

Mister-c
October 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Hi,
If I create an item in CommitCRM and the try and send it to Quickbooks using Item>>QuickBooks>>Create new part in Quickbooks based on CommitCRM item>>Any of the 3 options

I get the following error message:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8519/commiterror.th.png (http://img225.imageshack.us/i/commiterror.png/)

The only thing I can do is manually create the item in Quickbooks and then import it back intoCommitCRM.
I'm using CommitCRM 5.5 and Quickbooks Pro 2010 UK version.

Many thanks

Mark

Support Team
October 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM
When Items are created from RangerMSP in QuickBooks the system assigns default accounting related accounts for them (not to confuse with RangerMSP Accounts).
I guess that something in the default QuickBooks accounts for new Items is mis-configured.
In RangerMSP go to Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab and verify that the selected default accounts are valid, exists and active in QuickBooks.

Thanks,
Doron

Mister-c
October 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I've checked the above and the accounts I have set in Tools>Options>QuickBooks are present and active in Quickbooks.

Any other ideas?

Mister-c
October 27th, 2010, 03:49 PM
After a bit of googling I notice that this error code is quite common with other third party software integrating with QuickBooks. I'd be interested to hear if any other users of Quickbooks Pro 2010 UK have the same issue.

Mister-c
October 29th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Any further advice on this CommitCRM Support?

Support Team
October 29th, 2010, 09:29 AM
From our experience it is usually related to the default accounts set for new Items transferred to QuickBooks.

It's probably not enough that there active and exist, they should also be defined correctly for this type of usage. Verify that the selected accounts don't fall into the group of accounts that will cause the QuickBooks error message to appear (the one you attached).

You should also try to use the default accounts we create CMT... - before you do, make sure that they exists in QuickBooks and that they are active.

HTH,
Dina