PDA

View Full Version : error when connecting to CommitCRM

Accendo
October 25th, 2010, 02:29 AM
Hi Forum..

When connect to CommitCRM from other subnet i get an error
" Procedure halted due to data server access error.
Verify server is operating and this computer has access to the server folder
(m:\DB)
Error 6420: The discovery process for advantage database server failed. unable to connect to the advantage database server"

I have no problem browsing the network folder
The server is located on another subnet.. the 2 subnets are connected with 100 Mbit fiber.
So there should not be a connection speed issue, there is no traffic filtering between the 2 subnets..

Any Hints ?.

Regards

Claus Littau

Support Team
October 25th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Claus,

It looks like UDP packets, used by RangerMSP client, do not reach the other subnet (which is reasonable). To prevent RangerMSP clients from sending UDP packets to discover where the server is you should configure an ADS.ini file (as you are using SQL Database) that tells RangerMSP client specifically where the SQL server is, and therefore the discovery process is skipped and if all is configured correctly the client should be able to connect.

Click here to learn how to configure the ADS.ini file.

Hope this helps.

Doron

Anders
November 8th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Hi.

Sorry for gravedigging, but I have the same issue, and the ADS.ini approach did not help.
I'm trying to run CommitCRM 6.0.0.3 on a Windows server 2016 RDS.
I can browse the Commitshare on the Commit server.
They are on the same subnet, so there is no firewall-issue.

Anyone got any tips?

Anders

Support Team
November 8th, 2017, 08:25 AM
@Anders - It should work - but - one thing comes to mind - What version of the back end SQL database you use? With Windows 2016 servers you must be using version 11, otherwise you need to upgrade (contact us at support@... if that's the case). Thanks.

Anders
November 9th, 2017, 01:57 AM
Ok, that makes sense.
How do I find the version av the SQL?
It says ADS Revision 9.0.0.7 in the Advantage Config utility.

Anders
November 9th, 2017, 02:04 AM
By the way, CommitCRM works on windows 10 with the same database. Shouldn't that fail aswell then?

Support Team
November 9th, 2017, 06:05 AM
The SQL version 9.0.0.7 was released more than 7 years ago (2009) way before the server 2016 was announced and does not support such newer OS.

As for using on Windows 10 - although it may work, it might still cause various database issues so don't use that old SQL on it.

You should upgrade SQL to the version 11 or use an older server OS such as Server 2008.

Hope this helps.

Anders
November 9th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Ok, thank you for your advice.
I assume that upgrading to version 11 is not free?
Is it possible to upgrade just the SQL?
If so, will Commit version 6 work with SQL version 11?

Support Team
November 9th, 2017, 07:17 AM
We have just sent you an email regarding SQL upgrade pricing.

Yes, you can upgrade only the SQL back end without upgrading RangerMSP, though you use a very old version of RangerMSP (6 where the current latest is 16) and I'd strongly recommend that you consider upgrading.

Hope this helps.