PDA

View Full Version : Moving my files to a NAS Box

pops1000uk
October 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
Hi, I want to move my files from my windows 2008 server to a NAS box. Will it affect my Webservices i.e CommitCRM server and webserver? or do i just mount a network connection and re install the service?

Support Team
October 21st, 2010, 01:06 PM
We usually recommend that the RangerMSP files will be stored on the same server where the RangerMSP services run.

In case the NAS box is completely transparent to the server and acts like local drives then you should give it a try. The server needs to see this drive on load before it loads the services so this is a preliminary requirement as the service executable will be located on your NAS.

Also remember that by default the RangerMSP services, such a RangerMSPWebInterface, runs as local system, so you need to verify that it has full access rights to the RangerMSP files and folders on your NAS. You can even try assigning a more privileged user for the service to run with (set under the Service properties, a Windows dialog).

HTH,
Dina

pops1000uk
October 21st, 2010, 02:53 PM
so what would be the best drive to make?? Windows share?? ISCSI? Anyone else tried this?

Support Team
October 22nd, 2010, 06:08 AM
As long as the server has full access rights to the NAS right-from-the-start (before loading the services) it should work. Maybe others can recommend on which technology to use.

Thanks,
Dina