PDA

View Full Version : Client side ticketing system

nattivillin
October 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
We would like the ability to have customers respond to tickets with approvals, authorization, etc.

We dont have the web customer module, does it provide this functionality? Or does it just allow customers to create tickets.

I searched this forum for ticketing system, but ticket just appears in too many threads to be useful.

Does CommitCRM do this?

I really don't want to buy yet another product if i can get CommitCRM to do what i need.

Support Team
October 13th, 2010, 06:22 AM
nattivillin,

Using the Customer Web Portal module in RangerMSP customers can open new Tickets and update existing ones (and besides see a lot of other information you allow them to - Charges, Assets, Contracts, etc.).

Customers can also reply to Ticket by adding new History Notes to existing Tickets.

I know many users that use this feature to let customers add their approval notes, status update notes etc.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Dina

nattivillin
October 13th, 2010, 03:15 PM
How can we see what this looks like? The demo video wasnt really clear.

Support Team
October 14th, 2010, 06:19 AM
nattivillin,

Please drop us an email about this and we'll provide you with the ability trial it.

Thanks,
Dina

nattivillin
October 19th, 2010, 08:42 AM
So i installed the trial to test it out. And i created a bunch of phony accounts, tickets, assets, etc. I am now logged in as the customer. How does the customer approve tickets?

Support Team
October 19th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Customers can also reply to Ticket by adding new History Notes to existing Tickets.

Once they do, the Ticket is automatically moved into the Tickets Inbox so you become aware of this activity. Click here for more information re the Tickets Inbox.

Dina

nattivillin
October 19th, 2010, 03:53 PM
When you log in as a customer, the notes section doesn't jump out at you. We would have to teach each customer on how to read and add notes? This looks like the same functionality that is available in the CommitCRM version we have, whats new?

Support Team
October 20th, 2010, 07:03 AM
True. The notes section "doesn't jump out at you" and maybe some customers will not take a minute to see the option to add new notes to a Ticket. I think that if we made the Add Note button more prominent they would see it.

Note that customers can either use the "New History Note" option, or the option found under the "Create for Ticket" drop down at the top right of the page. So it's not that hidden...

In case you want to place another "New History Note" link somewhere in the Ticket details page for customers, so it will be more visible, please send us am email and we may be able to provide you with a customized template for this.

Dina

nattivillin
October 20th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Can we get a button that says respond to ticket or something similar? I think if you make this section more use friendly (the sometimes inept customer) it would be easier for us to get them to use it.

There also needs to be a way to let customer make their own web access accounts. This is how i envision it:

1) We put ticket into system with customers email.

2) CommitCRM emails the customers with a unique link to login and create an account based on that email that is linked to their account.

3) If we enter a note, the customer gets an easy to find "Respond to ticket" button

4) Some way for us to signify we are waiting on their response or approval. Then they can check approved or type approved. A check box or radio button would be better.

Support Team
October 20th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Whenever a customer replies to a Ticket the reply "bumps" the Ticket and it enters the Tickets Inbox automatically. By "reply" I mean both actions - a customer add notes via the Web interface or reply to the ticket by email.

Using the Alerts to Customers option (a part of RangerMSP Alerts Server), customers automatically receive email notifications for Ticket Open and Close events.
These emails contain special links for them to click on - once clicked they are going directly into the Web interface to see the specific Ticket details page (if they are not already logged in, they will need to provide login credentials).

If a technician replies to a ticket by email, the customer (all the Ticket External Recipients actually) will be notified with this reply, and the reply will also be added automatically to the Ticket History (easily viewed).

You may use one of the Ticket statuses (or edit them) to reflect a "waiting for customer reply" status. Then drag/drop the Ticket to the relevant status on the left side pane to assign this status to the dragged Ticket.

I understand this is not exactly what you described, and I added some comments here for this, however, I believe/hope that it should work for you.

Thanks,
Dina

nattivillin
October 20th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Our issue is, most of those neat features are not available on the web version. So our techs who use the web version will not have access to the bump of ticket statuses.

Thanks for your help, we will consider out options.

When CommitCRM emails them initially, it gives them a link and let's them set up an account if they don't already have one?

Support Team
October 20th, 2010, 12:43 PM
nattivillin -

Using the Web interface technicians CAN see the Tickets Inbox, and, the can even reply to Tickets without using an Email client. There's a Reply option that they can use, then behind the scenes, an email will be sent to all of the Ticket External Recipients.

Customer Web users are not created automatically. You need to create them for your customers (the ones you want to grant access to), and with the new RangerMSP 5.5, you can control the privileges at the customer Web user level (previously there was one privileges settings to all Web users, now you can define as many privilege groups as needed and assign Customer Web users to these groups).

HTH,
Dina

nattivillin
October 21st, 2010, 06:34 AM
Manually adding each customers web account is tedious. We have 1000's of current customers and intake 15-30 new customers each day at all our retail stores.

Spending an additional 2-3 minutes setting up a unique web account for each new customer just isn't feasible. We have to assign account names and then make up unique passwords, and then send it to them so they will have it all before they can log in and do anything.

We need a system that we can enter in their email address and the system emails the customer and let them set up their own account. Goal is to make it easier for my employees to conduct business, that would complicate things.

That being said, im not sure if there even is a product that does what we want so I cant say that CommitCRM is lacking.

I dropped off a lawnmower to a local mom and pop shop and I got an email with the diagnostic results, cost, and a check box to approve or deny the repair. 2 days later I got an email saying my mower was done and i could pick it up. I will ask them what they use.

Support Team
October 21st, 2010, 06:54 AM
Interesting thoughts. Thanks.