PDA

View Full Version : random hanging

Project3IT
September 29th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Hi,

CommitCRM seems to be having issues if the PC is locked and CommitCRM is left open. When unlocked the CommitCRM window cant be opened or closed and I have to kill it using task manager.
I am on Windows 7.

Does anyone else have this issue occurring?

Cheers

Support Team
September 29th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Project3IT,

What you describes makes sense. RangerMSP client maintains a constant contact with the central database located on your server.
In case the connection to the server breaks, such as the case when locking your PC or disconnecting from the network, the connection to the database will break and you'll need to restart RangerMSP client once you unlock your PC (or reconnect it to the network).

Regards,
Doron

AN-Tech
September 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Why would locking the PC disconnect it from the network? I lock and unlock my Windows 7 system throughout the day and never lose the connection to my network or server.

Any chance some kind of power management on your PC is shutting down you network card?

Support Team
September 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Thank you ascendnet!

This is exactly our thought too. When the PC is locked Windows tries to consume less power (which is good) but in some cases this has side effects like breaking existing network connections.

We recommend disabling the network adapter power management settings so it'll never go to "sleep" on idle and similar situations.

Thanks,
Doron

mundycomputers
September 30th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Can you check something for me - when it freezes next time, go straight into "My Computer" and look at your mapped network drives. Do they have a red "X" on them?

You may be experiencing the same thing I am, which I have been struggling with for months and not yet resolved. What happens to me is that after a period of time, the mapped drives "disconnect" - it's a well known problem but none of the solutions have helped me yet...

Daniel Mundy
http://blog.mundy.co

Project3IT
September 30th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hi

No, i have powersaving turned off on nics.
Even if I look it for 30seconds I get the issue.
Network drives are fine and not in a disconnected state when computer is unlocked again.

It is a total hassle. :)

AN-Tech
October 1st, 2010, 07:36 AM
Start a continuous ping from your server to your workstation. While its picking lock your workstation and watch the ping results and see if it starts dropping packets.

Also sure to disable any AV or firewalls on both ends while testing.

nattivillin
October 13th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Windows 7 has a serious mapped drive bug. It often shows disconnected when is it in fact connected.

When a program or service depends on windows to tell it that it is connected, things sometimes break down.

I have not been able to solve it yet. Many of my clients are upset at the red x, even when the mapped drives still work.

Some programs give a cant find file error from time to time.

pops1000uk
October 21st, 2010, 02:57 PM
i have been having system hangs since 5.5 not sure if its related??? i would come to my workstation to find "advantage server errors" SOmetimes I would have to reboot the pc.
Not sure if its a bug or windows 7?

Support Team
October 22nd, 2010, 07:10 AM
pops1000uk,

Some possible reasons were mentioned above. In any case, we've just release a small, yet recommended, update for 5.5. We recommend that anyone using 5.502 will update to the new 5.503. Click here to download the quick update program (it only works if you have 5.502 installed, check the Help About dialog window).

Thanks,
Dina

pops1000uk
October 23rd, 2010, 05:30 AM
this is why i like Commit! They are so quick to work on a fix! Thats why i am happy to pay the yearly upgrade service.
Excellent Commit!

lpopejoy
October 23rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
Great, I've been having this problem since 5.5 too, I'll load the fix and see if that helps!

Thanks

mcjack
November 12th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Did the update fix the problem pops1000uk?

pops1000uk
November 13th, 2010, 06:09 AM
hi, with help from Commit! I done a database re sync and now all is ok.

lpopejoy
November 13th, 2010, 05:22 PM
What's a database re-sync? ...and how did you do it?