PDA

View Full Version : Address Directions in Technician Service Form Reports?

bdbrower
September 14th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I'd like to add the "Directions/Notes" field from the Account record to a Technician Service Form generated for that account. I can't seem to find it in the drop-down list of available data fields in ReportBuilder. I would think this would be an important field to add to an On-Site Service ticket. Am I missing something?

Support Team
September 14th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hi bdbrower,

Here's what you can do:

Each Account has a Service tab. The service tab holds two unlimited memo text fields.
You can use them to store any information you wish technicians to have access to while on the road, including address directions.

You can then embed these fields in Technician Service Forms you customize. While in the Report Designer, these fields can be accesses from the drop down selection menu and are referred to as "Tickets - Account: Service Description" and "Tickets - Account: Internal Description".

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Rinat

bdbrower
September 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Well, this is an OK work-around, but it seems a waste (not to mention illogicial) to have a Directions field on an Address tab that can't be printed on Technician Service Forms printed for technicians going on service calls. Hopefully you can include this as a possible revision in a future software update.

Support Team
September 15th, 2010, 06:00 AM
dbbrower,

Thank you for this, we may indeed add this field in a future release. In the meantime you can use the suggested fields for this.

Regards,
Rinat