PDA

View Full Version : How to import from MYOB

ctsmudgee
August 27th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Hello CommitCRM Community.

Can anyone please assist me with being able to import data from myob into CommitCRM crm?

I can export from myob but i am having trouble importing into CommitCRM.

I need to do this so that i can show my bosses this great system so we can move myob to this as well as quicken. I am using the trial.

Thanks in advance.

ctsmudgee
August 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Thankyou for the reply.

When i try to import the data it comes up with what fields i want associate data with.
this is for importing anything really.

I can't work out what fields belong to what.

Also what would be the best export for myob?
Tab or csv.

thanks

Support Team
August 31st, 2010, 05:58 AM
Hi ctsmudgee,

Using RangerMSP you can import different records into RangerMSP, such as importing MYOB customers you've exported and creating Account records in RangerMSP. Same goes for importing your MYOB Items (for products or services you offer).

You can learn more about importing data into RangerMSP here.

In case you face any specific issue with importing data, please let us know and we'll try to help.

Regards,
Neta

Support Team
August 31st, 2010, 05:58 AM
Thank you for providing additional information.

The field mapping is required in order for the system to learn which field/column in the external data source relates to which field in RangerMSP. For example, you need to teach RangerMSP that column B in your Excel file holds the Company Name, that column E holds the main phone number, etc.

Then, RangerMSP import utility will move from one row to the other, creating new Accounts in RangerMSP and storing the correct data in the right field in RangerMSP.

We recommend exporting to CSV, then opening this exported file into Excel. There it should be reasonably easy to identify which field is what. You can also add a First Row in your Excel writing the names of each column.
Then, select to import this Excel file. During the mapping phase, you will see the actual data found in your Excel file. If the wrote the columns names in the first row or your Excel file, then you'll see it and you'll just need to select the RangerMSP field name for it (and of course, select not to import the first row as an Account into RangerMSP, as it only holds field names/labels).

I hope this helps. We'll be happy to provide any additional information that may be required.

Thanks,
Neta