PDA

View Full Version : advance data export

remsle
August 10th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hi!

i've been trying to use the "advance data export" to export specific fields but i still get the default exported fields..

please help me..

thanks,
remsle

Support Team
August 10th, 2010, 06:42 AM
When using the Advanced Data Export you manually select which fields you want to export.
To initiate the Advance Data Export select Tools > Import and Export > Export.

Thanks,
Doron

remsle
August 11th, 2010, 02:37 AM
i did that already but i still get the default fields..

Support Team
August 11th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Remsle,

Thank you for the update. We would like to ask you to post a detailed description on the steps you follow and the result you get. The first step in the Advanced Data Export is to select the fields to export... - BTW - make sure that you select a path/folder that you have privileges to write to, do not create the exported file under c:\.

Thanks,
Doron

remsle
August 31st, 2010, 08:58 PM
1. selected Advanced Data Export
2. selected fields to export (but the fields i added on the tabs are not on the list)
3. save fields for export for future use
4. defined export filter by subject
-tickets
-field name
-open date
-condition
-between... and...
-08/01/2010 and 08/31/10
5. Exported File Format Selection
-excel worksheet (*.xls)
-saved to: File name
-F:\commitfiles\monthly_report.xls
6. finish

RESULT: default fields has been exported. fields which i have chosen are not on the exported files.

Support Team
September 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
Remsle,

I assume you are referring to new custom fields you added.

Custom fields are listed on the left side list pane. They appear just blow the system fields. You should select those fields and move them to the right side. Then perform the export itself.

The exported file will include all the field you selected (system or custom) where each has its own column.

In case you are selecting custom fields and move them to the left side, but still do not see the columns for them in the Excel file please let us know. In this case also send us your log files (using the Help menu in RangerMSP), so we can see if there's any local error causing this.

Thanks,
Doron

remsle
September 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM
hi!

i did selected the fields i needed and moved it to the right side.. i saved it as well but the result is still the same.. none of the fields i have selected was shown on the exported report..

remsle
September 7th, 2010, 02:51 AM
hi!

i tried advance data export on another computer and it worked.. i did the same procedure but i don't know why it didn't work on my computer..

anyway, the date received and released from advance data export doesn't include the time unlike on the normal exporting process.. how do i include the time?

thanks!

Support Team
September 7th, 2010, 06:32 AM
remsle,

Thanks for the update. Good to know that it is now working for you.

When exporting Tickets data to Excel you can select to export the Open Date/Time, Closed Date/Time, Due Date/Time etc. You can then apply an Excel formula to display the amount of time the Ticket is opened, as the value displayed within the application itself is a calculated value based on the "now" date/time, and therefore cannot be exported as a data field.

Hope this helps.
Rinat

remsle
September 13th, 2010, 02:28 AM
i tried changing the cell format to display the amount of time the Ticket is opened/closed but the time appeared was 12:00am..

Support Team
September 13th, 2010, 06:03 AM
remsle,

The amount of time a Ticket is opened is not exported to Excel. What you should do is apply an Excel formula that will calculate this.
The formula will be based on the exported Open Date and the current time. You should consider adding an IF condition that'll only calculate the time a Ticket is opened, if the Closed Date is empty (otherwise the Ticket is closed and you probably do not need this). Or, you can set the formula to show the different between Now and the exported Open Date if no Closed Date is set yet, and the Closed-Date minus Open-Date if a Closed Date is there (i.e. the Ticket is closed).

The exact format on how to write this formula may be found in Excel documentation or by searching the Internet (there are probably dedicated Web sites and forums for using Excel).

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Bracha

remsle
September 14th, 2010, 04:02 AM
but why is that when i exported data using normal process, the exported file includes date and TIME the ticket is opened/closed and no need for formulas?

thanks!

Support Team
September 14th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Hi remsle,

The table/grids in RangerMSP displays calculated information, so when it is exported the calculated fields are also exported, however, you only get to export what listed in the table.

The Advanced Export feature lets you export any database field and therefore it is a very power tool. It only export existing database fields and therefore the "time open" column, which is a "virtual" field and not a real database field, cannot be exported using this feature.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards,
Bracha