PDA

View Full Version : Automatically move ticket description to charge

goodeco
August 4th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Automatically move ticket description to charge

The problem we have is that when the consultants go to enter a charge, the main description from the ticket does not carry over to the charge. So when we import the charges into Quickbooks, all we see is what the consultant enters in.

Example – the ticket may say “Mark has a virus on his computer”. But when the consultant enters in the charge, he just enters “Scanned computer and cleaned”. The problem is that when the charge comes over to QB, all the client sees is “Scanned computer and cleaned”, there is no other information on what the problem was, who had the problem, etc. Therefore we always have to go back to the ticket to look up information.

Is there a way to have the charge automatically include the ticket information or is there another recommend way to do this?

Support Team
August 4th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hi goodeco,

Thank you for posting this.

The Ticket description currently cannot be added to the Charge. I can see how this may help. The one problem I do see with this is that when there are several Charge records logged for a specific service Ticket, copying the description to all Charges will make the invoice in QuickBooks looks bad as well because the Ticket description will show over and over again for each Charge. I guess we'll need to think of something that will help here. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Neta

geeky_jason
August 6th, 2010, 09:59 PM
I run into this as well. What would be great for me is to have a button on the ticket line of the charge input screen that will import the ticket description into the charge. I envision something similar to the address summary button. It would allow us to copy the description on a per charge basis without breaking the charge functionality elsewhere inCommitCRM.

Support Team
August 9th, 2010, 06:01 AM
geeky_jason, This sounds like an interesting implementation idea. Thank you.

Neta