PDA

View Full Version : SBS2008 and Email Connector issues

MartinB
August 1st, 2010, 04:51 AM
I have installed the CommitCRM trial on an SBS2008 server and I am having difficulty in setting up the Email Connector, specifically the POP3 host part. I have enabled the POP3 service for the support@mydomain.com account and when Test Server Settings I get the following:

< -ERR Command is not valid in this state.
RqType = 1 POP3 error 500 -ERR Command is not valid in this state.

What is the recommended way to setup the POP3 host setting with Exchange 2007?

Many thanks

MartinB
August 1st, 2010, 05:39 AM
Got it working. From Exchange Management Console, set the LogInType to plain text:

Set-PopSettings -LoginType PlainTextLogin

And restart the POP3 service.

Interprom
January 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
I use a HOSTED exchange mailbox and can't change this setting :-(

Is there any way around this?

Gavin

sudogreg
January 22nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
use stunnel, it works great. there is a wiki article for stunnel here

Interprom
January 23rd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Set that up and it's testing GREAT, but the system wont send responses even though all tests are working fine. We're getting the error popping up:

Error Code: 501

501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name

Failed while trying to connect your mail server.

========================================
< 501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name
> QUIT
========================================

Solution:
------------
Verify that the mail server is running.

Run the CommitCRM Server Configuration utility (<server>\CommitCRM\Server\ServerConfig.exe), review your settings and run the configuration tests.

Once you handled the above issue, restart CommitServer service so another Send attempt will occur.

For more information visit CommitCRM online support resources at Support

Date Ref # 110122

Support Team
January 24th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Seems like a privileges issue. The RangerMSPServer runs under the Local System user...

When defining the user name in the Outgoing email settings, some servers require using the domain in the user name (e.g. "domain\user") and some don't. Run the ServerConfig.exe utility and try removing or adding the domain name from the user name and restart the RangerMSPServer service between tests (add the domain name in case it is not specified, remove it in case it is specified). Note that although the manual test via the ServerConfig may work in both ways, the service itself works in a different way (and under a different user - Local System), and may require different username settings.

Make sure to restart RangerMSPServer service after each attempt.

Let us know how it goes.

Sheli

IrvineConsulting
February 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks Sheli, I was having the same SMTP error (5.5.4) and removing the "domain\" in outgoing settings fixed our problem!

Stanley Ng
February 28th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hi Interprom or CommitCRM Support,

I am using Hosted Exchange as well, can you shared how to resolve this problem?

TQ

Stan

Support Team
March 1st, 2011, 07:56 AM
Forum update: The issue was resolved by setting a specific configuration for the Microsoft Hosted Exchange service. In case you're using it and face the above issue please contact us for more information.

The Support Team

sudogreg
November 5th, 2011, 01:30 PM
sent an email to CommitCRM support. we are testing office 365 with CommitCRM...