PDA

View Full Version : Question on user branches

uk2k05
July 28th, 2010, 05:58 AM
A large section of our customer base consists of H/O and multiple shop branches. I'm looking for the best way to implement this type of setup into CommitCRM.

Each branch will have its own equipment and staff, therefore I have crated each branch as a separate account. When new equipment is ordered it is shipped directly to the shop and placed as a asset to that particular branch.

When it comes to billing we will in most cases bill the H/O for this equipment however, how best to configure this into your system?

Is there a way to link a branch account to its master H/O one?

Also, I have been playing around with contracts and I am wondering if it is possible to share contracts with 2 different accounts, I could create one contract for H/O and have it share this contract with his individual branches.

Any help would be appreciated.

Support Team
July 28th, 2010, 06:28 AM
uk2k05,

Thank you for asking this.

It looks like managing different Accounts, like you did, is the correct way to track Assets, contacts and Tickets to their locations.

Linking between Accounts can be achieved using the Accounts' Relations tab. This will help you navigate between different, but related, accounts, easily. However, this doesn't create any billing relation, just links between accounts.

As for billing. You cannot share a Contract between different Accounts. You'll need to create a separate Contract for each. However, you will be able to generate billing reports for all branches if you'll follow this practice: Each Contract has a Code. Start all Contracts for All of the linked Accounts with the same Code. For example, if customer ABC has 10 branches, start each Contract for each related Account with "ABC-xxxxxxx" in the Code field.

When generating Charge base reports, you can filter the report by the Contract Code. In the report generation window enter "ABC-" to "ABC-ZZZZZ" to include only Contracts related to ABC. It may not be a ideal solution, but it usually works well.

I hope this helps.

Sherry

AN-Tech
July 28th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Sherry,

We also run into this a lot in regards to contracts and tickets. Can you put in a request if there isn't one already to better handle branch offices. We really need a way to have a contract work for multiple accounts and a way to change the account name in a ticket to a different account. We frequently will have a main contact for the corporate office put in requests for work to be performed for the branch. This requires us to go in and copy the ticket, then all history information, then delete the old ticket. This is a lot of work that could just be a since account change with warning.

Support Team
July 28th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Got it. Thanks!