PDA

View Full Version : Linking Files to CommitCRM (Drivers)

pops1000uk
July 28th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Hi,
is there any way of linking file locations under tickets in CommitCRM? I have a NAS Box currently storing tons of device drivers.

I would like to link under CommitCRM the drivers needed for the customers computer. I can find the attach file but that will copy the files to CommitCRM DataBase.

This would be really handy feature for us.

Cheers

Support Team
July 28th, 2010, 06:20 AM
pops1000uk,

When dragging files into the Ticket in RangerMSP the files will all be listed under the Ticket' Docs tab.

Now, if you wish all Tickets to share files, unlike to copy them you can use the Link to File option.

When dragging a file into RangerMSP a new Document window opens.
The second field is called 'Create from'. It's a drop down list. It'll default to 'Copy file to RangerMSP', however, you can select the 'Link file to RangerMSP' option. The file will be listed under the Ticket as a document, however, it'll link to the original location and will not copy the file to the database/other folder.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

pops1000uk
August 7th, 2010, 03:00 PM
i will give that a go cheers

pops1000uk
August 7th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Tried that! but you can only link single files.

I want to be able to link a folder full of device drivers can this be done?

Support Team
August 9th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Yes, this is possible using a trick... Create a shortcut to the folder of drivers, and drag/drop this shortcut into the Account in RangerMSP. Select to link to the shortcut (or even copy it). Done. Once you double click this newly created document - the folder will open!

HTH
Doron