PDA

View Full Version : CmtTstItem-Deleted

oldmuttonhead
July 15th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm having a problem with the Outlook Sync. I purchased it when I originally purchased Commit, but I didn't really have time to configure it and get it working how I wanted so we stopped using it. We've started using it again, but I'm having a very annoying problem.

Every time CommitCRM syncs with my Oulook (via Exchange) I get two items: an appointment with the subject 'CmtTstItem-Deleted' and the date and time, and a task with the same name. How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks!

Support Team
July 15th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Hi oldmuttonhead,

Thanks for posting this.
We've seen this behavior before; however, to ensure we're on the same page with this, we'd like to take a look at your log files from your RangerMSP system. The log files can be found in Help > Technical Support.

Once we have the logs, we’ll analyze them to ascertain the cause for this behavior.

Regards,
Neta

oldmuttonhead
July 16th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Do you want me to post them here or send them to you?

EDIT: Nevermind.. ;)

oldmuttonhead
July 16th, 2010, 09:20 AM
They are sent.

Support Team
July 16th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Thread update: We have received the log files and manage to provide a solution for this.

Thanks,
Neta

AN-Tech
July 16th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Please provide me with the solution as well. I've been dealing with these items for over a year now and support was not able to provide a solution to me.

I was told those items were created due to some test that CommitCRM does prior to the sync and that in a future release there would be an option to turn them off. Haven't seen that option yet.

lpopejoy
July 20th, 2010, 04:46 PM
:) Me too....

oldmuttonhead
July 21st, 2010, 12:26 PM
The fix I got worked perfectly. No more phantom tasks or appointments!!

AN-Tech
July 21st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Same here, I love not having have those cluttering up my deleted folder.

asb924
October 27th, 2011, 12:13 AM
What is the fix for this.
We are experiencing the same issues.

Support Team
October 27th, 2011, 06:23 AM
We generally recommend that you ignore those deleted record and empty the trash in your Outlook folder from time to time. This is because these are part of a connection privileges tests.

In any case, you can disable the check as follows - create an empty textual file with the following name under the following folder:

<Server>\RangerMSP\DbSys\CmtOlDisTstRec.cmt

Then, restart RangerMSP clients. This will disable the tests and prevents such deleted records from being created.

In case you will ever face any sync issues, delete this file, restart RangerMSP clients and sync. This will revert back and re-enable the checks so you'll see an error message of what the connection issue is.

Hope this helps.
Dina