PDA

View Full Version : Mileage Reporting Question

goodeco
July 8th, 2010, 06:46 PM
I have read the previous postings on mileage reports, but mine is slightly different.

I am looking for an easy way to calculate a mileage report for my employees. We pay mileage to our employees for each trip they make to a client. This mileage expense is a fixed amount that is based on the distance from our office to the client. The client is not billed for this. I do not want to have the employees enter in a separate charge for the trip.

In the address tab for a client we have a field called mileage where we can enter in the mileage to a client in the field or possibly put in an expense amount. (I am not sure if this was a customer field that we renamed or if it is a standard field in commit).

Since they will enter in a chargeable item for each trip they make, I can easily run a report for each employee, so I could easily get a list of each time they went to the client. It seems as if there should be a way to run a report that includes this mileage field on the report and then sum up this field in the bottom of the report.

Any thoughts?

Support Team
July 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
Using the RangerMSP Reports Designer, you can have the Mileage field added to the Tickets List report so that it shows up next to each ticket. If you add the same field to the Summary section of the report, then you should get a consolidated amount of miles traveled based on the tickets in the report.

The problem is that from what you describe you store in the Accounts database and it cannot be pulled for each Ticket automatically. This means that you’ll need to enter the mileage factor into each ticket (you can use any field or create your own field) and use that field in your report. The important thing here is to use a numeric custom field so the system will be able to run the SUM() function on it.

For more information about Tracking Mileage,please click here.

For detailed information on customizing reports, please use the links below.

Reports Designer User Guide
Reports FAQ

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards
Rinat