PDA

View Full Version : Connecting multiple computers to the same database

belliez
July 5th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Hi,

I currently run CommitCRM on a single workstation but wondered how I go about adding an additional workstation to use the same CommitCRM database?

Do I need to upgrade to SQL Server?

Thanks

Support Team
July 5th, 2010, 06:47 AM
belliez,

SQL Database is recommended when your network grows (many users).
To install additional RangerMSP clients that will share the same database follow these instructions.

Regards,
Neta

belliez
July 6th, 2010, 03:18 AM
Thats great, I setup the client pc to work with the network share and it works great. However I dont have outlook on the client and it tried to sync outlook and I get an error. So I remove the outlook sync option at the client and it gets disabled on the server also.

Is there a way to no sync outlook on the client?

Thanks

Support Team
July 6th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Hi Belliez,

Thank you for posting this.

Disabling the sync options in the Tools > Options > Outlook tab doesn't only effect the client you're working on; it also affects the settings network wide (i.e. all users logged using the same username). In order to set up so that the server can sync your data for you, you need to re-apply the settings to the options > Outlook screen, start the RangerMSP client on the server, and go to Tools > Synchronize Outlook > Sync Other Users Data.

However, if you choose the option to "save the auto-sync settings", then this tells all the RangerMSP clients that are running to sync to MS Outlook from each machine (again ones using the same username). We suggest turning that option off (i.e. no auto-sync by default - remove the option and Save the current configurations so it'll be disabled), and only using the "Auto-Sync Every Half Hour" (without saving) option, so that the server computer will only use its own client app to sync the data.

Just make sure to leave the RangerMSP client running on the server so that the sync will run at its interval.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Rinat