PDA

View Full Version : Show "Unbillable" charges on report

lpopejoy
June 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm trying to print a charge report (Customized from the Technician Service Form Including Charges1). I'm printing it from the Ticket window using the Print (or print preview) button.

I can't get it to show charges that are marked as "unbillable." The charges do show if I go to the "reports" section and run the report manually by putting in the correct ticket #. Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks,

Luke

Support Team
June 23rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
Luke,

I assume that you are referring to Not Billable Charges not added to the Charges summary area of the in the Technician Service Form including Charges report, even though you selected in Tools > Options > Charges to include them. If this is the case, then you are correct, Not Billable Charges are added to the summary only when the form is printed from the Reports section, and it doesn't look at the Options... settings when printed from the Tickets window. I will log this as a bug.

Thank you for reporting this.

Dina

lpopejoy
June 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
Yep, that is exactly what I was talking about! thanks for confirming!

lpopejoy
July 14th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Do you know if this was fixed in the last release? It shows the charged item, but doesn't show the price, and I think that is different than what it was doing.
Is there a way to get it to show the price as well - even if the charge is marked as "unbillable".

My reason for this is to generate quotes for work - I then have the client sign off on it if they want the work done.

What would be really cool is to build this into the opportunities. Somehow it would be cool to be able to generate quotes from the system, and then turn that quote into a "ticket" when it is confirmed. As it is, I just keep the charges as "unbillable" that way I can have a historical record of what was quoted. This isn't the best option because it messes up reporting on unbillable charges (because there are some unbillable charges that are actually "billable" - as in the example of a service contract with a block of money). Thus if I report on how many hours an employee charges, including unbillable time, that report is skewed due to the hours that were "quoted". Does any of that make sense?

I guess all of that to really say... What are your plans for the opportunities module? ...And how should we expect to see that developed? Should I look at a third part addon for quotes? ...Should I just be patient and deal with it for now?

Thanks!

Luke

Support Team
July 14th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Hi Luke,

Nope, it did not make it to 5.4...

We have received different types of requests for quoting - some users want us to embed a quoting feature in RangerMSP, while others want us to offer an integration module that links to advance quoting solutions like QuoteWerks...

We do plan to offer a better solution in this area (at least in one of the directions listed above). We'll provide more details when we have them.

In the meantime, you'll probably need to continue to use your method. You can also get some quoting related ideas from this article.

HTH
Dina

lpopejoy
July 14th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Just my .02, and I hope others will weigh in on the subject...

I would prefer having the quoting here, inCommitCRM. I live inCommitCRM. I see no reason to have to integrate my product line / pricing with a third party piece of software. I would love for the Opportunities module to be expanded to be more robust to provide contracts/quotes, and covert that into Tickets.

It would also be nice for the due dates associated with those to show up on a Central dashboard so that you can see how many overdue opportunities you have and the dollar amount that represents! :)

--Luke

Support Team
July 15th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Nice move... :-)

Comments noted, Thank you!