PDA

View Full Version : Web Users

ylomnstr
June 22nd, 2010, 08:54 AM
We have setup many of our clients to be able to submit web tickets for us via the Web Users tab, but what I'd like to know is if there is any way to disable them from being able to update or modify any ticket, other than originally create one? I have a user who put in a history note which I didn't know about because we don't get notifications that it was put in?

Is there any way I can either disable them from modifying anything, or if they do modify or put in a history note, can I get a notification of that?

Support Team
June 22nd, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi,

Thanks for posting this.
We've already addressed this in RangerMSP 5.3 using your second suggestion, involving better notification to technicians when a ticket has been updated online by a customer. Using the RangerMSP Ticket's Inbox screen, any ticket that has been updated by the RangerMSP Email Connector, RangerMSP Web Interface or RangerMSP API bets copied to the inbox, marked as bold and a closed envelope is displayed on the updated ticket. We suggest upgrading your system to the new version so that you can benefit from this new feature, too.

Customer privileges regarding tickets are hard coded, and once a ticket has been created it can always be edited. If you're interested in limiting other areas available to customers or reviewing your options, feel free to check them out in Tools > Options > Web Interface > Bottom Section.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Neta

ylomnstr
June 22nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
We have updated to 5.3. I see the Inbox tab. But Is there anyway an actual email can be sent to the manager of the ticket? Or are they only going to see updates in the Inbox tab in on the Tickets section?

Support Team
June 22nd, 2010, 09:54 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the update.
The Alerts Server sends out ticket update alerts such as new history notes created in the RangerMSP Web Interface to the ticket/account manager as long as the employee has that option enabled in Tools > Options > Alerts. This will make sure that any updates get emailed automatically to the technicians that are responsible for the ticket.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Neta

ylomnstr
June 22nd, 2010, 12:23 PM
Thanks. I have that option enabled on my account, yet I don't get an email when a ticket which I am the manager for gets updated. Is there something else that needs to be setup for this to work?

Support Team
June 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Hi,

In order for a user to receive alerts, please be sure that in addition to enabling the ticket manager/account manager alerts for your user in Tools > Options > Alerts, that you're also updating the ticket from a different RangerMSP account than your own; such as a Customer account or a different employee account.

If the issue persists, please send us the log files from your RangerMSP system. The log files can be found in Help > Technical Support.
Once we have the logs, we’ll analyze them to ascertain the cause for this behavior.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Neta