PDA

View Full Version : Search for content of an appointment

allenc
June 14th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Is there a way to search for (or filter for in a report) a word or phrase in the description of an appointment?

In the report there is a way to filter for Fields 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (I do not know what fields 3, 4, 5 are, by the way).

But I do not see a way to filter for an appointment I want using a word that matches the description.

Thanks,
Allen

Support Team
June 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Hi Allen,

Yes! You can open the Calendar/Dispatcher window, navigate to the Appointments tab, right click and in the popup menu the options select 'Table Options' > 'Text Search...' (by the way - this trick works everywhere - in every table/grid of data).

As for Appointment fields Field 3,4,5 - you can enable the system to add and show these fields for Appointments and Tasks. For this select Tools > Options... > Calendar, and select the 'Display User Fields 3-5...' option.

Rinat

allenc
June 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
search on a single word is great.
Can I search on several words that are not next to each other? Like "lazy dog" and match "The lazy brown dog"?

Support Team
June 22nd, 2010, 03:21 PM
Hi Allen,

Thanks for the update.
The table search box doesn't support broken strings; however, you can search for multiple words as long as they show up together in the text.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rinat