PDA

View Full Version : Attach docs without ticket number?

JoshuaB
June 10th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Anyway to attach docs to an account without a ticket number? We *love* adding [TKT-500-XXXX] to the subject of an email and copying the CommitCRM Connector for archiving, but wish there was a way to do this also without the need of a preexisting ticket.

If there isn't already a way to do this, how about when emailing the connector, include a customer ID or some other unique identifier that is matched and this is added to the subject like [CU-123]. Then anything emailed is just added to the account as a doc. Would save us some time here.

Thanks!

Support Team
June 10th, 2010, 01:18 PM
JoshuaB,

I assume you refer to attaching emails automatically to accounts... I say that because you can always drag/drop any document/email/image/photo/file/etc. file on the Account window in RangerMSP (even dragging an email from Outlook directly into RangerMSP) and have that document/file filed under the Account (even without linking it to a ticket).

Automatically filing of emails is currently only supported for service tickets - you add the Ticket number to the email subject and CC/BCC the email connector.
BTW - with the new RangerMSP 5.3 and the changes in the way RangerMSP Email Connector works, you usually do not need to CC/BCC the connector at all. All you need to do is reply to the connector, the email is then filed, appears under the Ticket History (in nicely and readable textual format, i.e. not as an attached document) and being distributed all of the Ticket External Recipients automatically (you can learn all about these changes here).
You can, however, just like you already do, CC/BCC the connector so it will only file the email under the ticket without doing anything else.

Filing emails under the Account only, without specifying the Ticket number, is not currently supported. It sounds cool though! I will log it as a feature request. Thank you.

Rinat

JoshuaB
June 10th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Rinat, thank you for your reply. We can't / don't use drag/drop as we are 9 times out of 10 in the field and not local to the PC. Emailing would be so easy.... and often is, when there is a ticket. Thanks for the feature request.

We are using and loving the new 5.3 support options. One thing I've noticed, and maybe its just me, but often when I hit reply to an email that came from the customer (through the connector to the support email), it replies with the customer's email address instead of the public. I have to change it each time. Sometimes it does work right though.

Checking header's just now of an email, the FROM was the customer's, and the TO was our public support email of the connector. No "reply-to" header was specified.

Support Team
June 10th, 2010, 02:12 PM
JoshuaB,

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying RangerMSP 5.3 :-)

Anyway, customer emails forwarded to technicians by the email connector should have "reply-to" set to the connector email address so when you hit Reply you won't need to set it manually.

We wish to analyze and learn about this more.
Please email us:
(1) Your log files (using the Help menu in RangerMSP)
(2) Some sample emails that were sent to technicians by the connector without the modified "reply-to" (forward several emails together so we'll get all as attachments with the original headers kept unchanged).

Thanks,
Rinat