PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with web interface after server switch

nattivillin
June 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM
We moved CommitCRM to a new server. Did the full backup. Uninstalled CommitCRM server and web interface from old server. Moved CommitCRM files to new server, installed server and web interface server on new server.

Setup client connections to new server , they work fine.
Cant get web interface to work.

changed webinterface.ini to new settings. Created rules in firewall for udp & tcp ports.

Can get to web interface locally, not from web. We assume its a port / firewall issue.

We get no page when trying to connect from web. Did we miss something?

Support Team
June 10th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Hi nattivillin,

It looks like you did everything right.

As you do manage to get to the Web interface to work locally but not when accessing it from outside of your network, I agree with you that it probably has something to do with your firewall/port-forwarding/etc settings. Unfortunately it's very hard for us to help here, each firewall configuration is different, each network is different etc.
Once traffic will go thru and reach the RangerMSPWebInterface service it will reply and display the login page.

I believe that you'll need to try and monitor your inbound traffic and see what blocks external access - the firewall rules, the port forwarding settings, maybe just a DNS setting that doesn't translate well from outside your network, etc.

If you wish, we can check your RangerMSP log files. However, since all is working well on your LAN I doubt that we will see anything unusual there because as far as the RangerMSP Web Interface service is concerned all is configured right.

You may also publish the URL and we'll try to access it in order to see if we can learn anything from the page-not-found/no-reply result the browser displays.

Hope this helps.
Rinat

nattivillin
June 10th, 2010, 01:03 PM
<ip-was-listed-here>

I temporarily changed the wan ip to the internal server ip and it worked from inside the building.

Firewall issue?

nattivillin
June 10th, 2010, 01:55 PM
We fixed it.