PDA

View Full Version : Quick Edit Customer Account from Ticket Screen

belliez
April 29th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Hi,

Sorry for all the questions, Is there a quick way to edit the customer address, phone number directly from the Tickets page? This is the page I spend most my time in and I have to come out, click accounts, search for the customer then edit. Then go back to the tickets page.

Just wondering if there is a quicker way.

Thank you

Support Team
April 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hi Billie,

No apologies necessary; we're glad people like us... :-)
Yes; while you're in the ticket's screen > General tab, you can rightclick the linked account from within the ticket and select Show Account, which automatically opens the Account screen on the desired account.

When you're done, you can close that accounts window and be returned to the last screen you were in (typically, the ticket's screen). Just remember to refresh the ticket's screen once you've finished editing so the ticket will be recomposed with the new data.

The same trick works when right clicking the selected contact, in case you want to edit that.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Rinat

belliez
April 29th, 2010, 12:15 PM
I didnt realise right click had this function.. however when I tried it was 'Greyed' out?

Support Team
April 29th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hi Billie,

Thanks for the update; that sounds very strange.
Can you try logging in as a Sysadmin account and then check if the option is available?
This might just be a permissions issue.

Thanks,
Rinat

Support Team
April 29th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Billie,

Can you possibly email us at Support @ a screenshot of the RangerMSP screen with the greyed out option for Show Accounts?

Thanks,
Rinat

belliez
April 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I have just sent the email. I am logged in as Sys Admin

Support Team
April 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Hi,

We've received the email, and we'll follow up with you over email and update this post when it's resolved.

Regards,
Rinat

Support Team
April 30th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Hi Community,

We're not too sure what caused the issue in this thread; however, it was resolved by restarting the computer that the user was using.

Regards,
Rinat