PDA

View Full Version : Web interface over WAN connection failed

stabako
April 27th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Hello, I've installed the trial version of CommitCRM and have had no issues with running it locally on my PC. I've installed the web interface service and started it. I can access CommitCRM using a browser on the local PC and other PCs on the same LAN using my PCs IP address. (ini file changed to reflect PCs IP address x.x.x.51).

I then changed the ini file to serverip=(my public IP address). I have configured port-forwarding in my router to forwared 4961 to my PC (x.x.x.51). When I attempt to login from a remote PC, I get a "page cannot be displayed" message, but on the server I get a pop-up box: "Connection failed - Invalid protocol! Possible causes: -You've forgotten to select a DSMPlugin and the Server uses a DSMPlugin -Viewer and Server are not compatible (they use different RFB protocoles)".

I have turned the firewall off (Vista firewall is the only one running). My "server" PC is running Windows Vista Ultimate. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Support Team
April 28th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Thanks for posting this.
This error doesn't sound like an error from the RangerMSP software; it's got to be caused by something else.

Can you please send us the log files from your RangerMSP system? The log files can be found in Help > Technical Support.

Once we have the logs, we’ll analyze them to ascertain if the RangerMSP Web Interface has run into any problems.

Thanks

Regards,
Reno Breen

stabako
April 28th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Logs emailed. Thanks.

Support Team
April 28th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Hi,

Logs received.
We'll continue corresponding with you by email, and then update this post when the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Regards,
Reno Breen

Support Team
April 28th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi Community,

We've managed to resolve this issue together with Stabako by identifying the process giving the error mentioned at the top of the thread.

Once the user found out what program was generating the error message via the Task Manager, he was able to correct the configurations in that software that were interfering with the RangerMSP Web Interface with great ease.

Regards,
Reno Breen

AN-Tech
April 28th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Just out of curiosity was this a VNC type of application?

Support Team
April 29th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hi Ascendnet,

I believe you're right about that.

Regards,
Reno

AN-Tech
April 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
I've seen that error numerous times when trying to make VNC connections to clients through Labtech. Thought it might have been something similar.

Support Team
April 29th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hi,

Sounds like you're right, you might want to research replacing the VNC product if you're still getting them...

Regards,
Reno