PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Sales Questions

belliez
April 27th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Hi,
I am trailling this software and also AyaNova and both are pretty good and have their pros and cons.

I would be grateful if you can answer the following:

[1] Can I track parts ordered i.e. a ticket needs a part and this part is order, received and checked against the ticket?
[2] Tasks and Appointments - Can these be merged into the same calender view?
[3] Can I add additional Statuses to the Status in Tickets i.e. Awaiting Arrival, Awaiting Parts, Repair Outsourced etc...
[4] Are emails sent to customers etc tracked if sent via CommitCRM and can I easily see a history of communications without having to start up outlook and viewing my sent items?

These are a few questions I have.. I am playing around and I quite like it.. seems much easier to use than AyaNova which seems to suffer from crashing alot (Win 7 x64). I will have more questions as time goes by...

Thanks
Thanks

Support Team
April 27th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Hi Billie,

Thanks for sending in these questions. I’ve copied them for easy reference, and attached relevant answers below. Please review.

Can I track parts ordered i.e. a ticket needs a part and this part is order, received and checked against the ticket?
These types of situations are best served by keeping tasks in the RangerMSP Tickets Pending tab. Each task should be set to the specific prerequisites that you need in order to complete the ticket. I.e. 1 task for ordering the item, 1 task for receiving it, etc. This way, you'll know what you're waiting for in order to close the ticket.

Tasks and Appointments - Can these be merged into the same calender view?
Since tasks do not have a start and end time, they cannot be displayed on the calendar. Using the RangerMSP alerts server, you'll know on the fly whenever someone adds any tasks or appointments for you, and using the RangerMSP Outlook Sync, you'll be able to sync this information to your exchange folders.

Can I add additional Statuses to the Status in Tickets i.e. Awaiting Arrival, Awaiting Parts, Repair Outsourced etc...
Additional statuses cannot be added; however, the existing status names can all be edited from the Tools > Options > Tickets (admin) > Customize Status Values. Just try to leave them somewhat similar to their original meanings since a few of the statuses like scheduled or complete are automatically applied to a ticket in some cases.

Are emails sent to customers etc tracked if sent via RangerMSP and can I easily see a history of communications without having to start up outlook and viewing my sent items?
RangerMSP 5.2 currently keeps a log of all emails sent to your customer from within the RangerMSP client, and all emails sent from a customer to the RangerMSP Email Connector Email2Ticket feature. RangerMSP 5.3 (in Beta now) will keep a clear record of all emails sent between your employees and your customers (please note that anybody that purchases RangerMSP 5.2 will receive a free upgrade to RangerMSP 5.3).

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Rinat