PDA

View Full Version : Emailing invoices

joshzero
April 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
I am currently evaluatingCommitCRM. I would like to do a search at month's end to find all items that need to be invoiced. Then I would like to review them and send them via email. Is this possible? I suppose I could generate a PDF for each item and then create an email in a separate application and attach the PDF. But that seems like a few extra steps.

What do most people do? Use the invoicing feature in Quickbooks? I don't really want to use QB though. What do you recommend?

Support Team
April 23rd, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting this.
No worries; if you still don't want to use QuickBooks, then that's ok. You can still use the New Invoice Window (File > New > QuickBooks Invoice to show you a list of unbilled tickets, and then double click each ticket entry in order to open that ticket in RangerMSP. Once the ticket is open, you can email any report you like.

Once you receive payment for these charges, you can go ahead and right click each associated charge and mark them as billed.

Once the charges are marked as billed, then the ticket/contract/account associated with that charge won't show up in the invoice wizard.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Sherry

joshzero
April 26th, 2010, 03:20 PM
You say you can email any report you like once the ticket is open. How exactly would I email an invoice to a customer?

Support Team
April 27th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Hi Josh,

Thanks for posting this.
When looking at the ticket in the Ticket screen, you can Generate an email message to the customer that already includes a PDF copy of the ticket, in addition to the Ticket status HTML that is the email body.

This can be done by clicking the Email Ticket as PDF Attachment on the top Toolbar next to the big Email button. The button looks like an envelope with a PDF logo on it.

Go ahead and try that with the Technician service form with charges1, and let us know what you think.

Regards,
Sherry