PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Charge Items within a Single Charge

granitecomputers
April 22nd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Hi CommitCRM Support and Forum Users,

Due to our pricing structure we have different rates for our support labour depending on the time taken.

for example we would charge £50 for the first 30 minutes of remote support call then £40 per 30 minutes after. because of this pricing structure, it would be nice if we just had one main charge in CommitCRM. by that i mean something like a multiple charge option within that one individual charge window so effectively we could add each chargeable item into one main charge and job done. not sure if that makes sense?

another example would be selling hardware, there is always labour to go with this, so it would be easier again to create one charge that contains multiple item charges within it rather than doing multiple item charges and just making the list of billable charges even longer.

the advantage would be, the client only receives one invoice for multiple items (labour, hardware, expenses etc). at the moment our book keeper does combine the charges as long as they are all around the same date.

i guess I’m talking more about a full invoicing system like QuickBooks or sage where you have multiple items per invoice and kind of hoping CommitCRM will follow suite.

we do not sync QBs at the moment and our book keeper does it manually, this is only due to our QBs being version 6 and not having the time to upgrade all the apps in each workstation. it will be done within a few months though.

any comments, suggestions, or upgrades planned in the future to allow this feature would be appreciated.

many thanks.

Support Team
April 22nd, 2010, 01:04 PM
Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions; I've forwarded them to be read by the Product Management; however, I believe the information below will prove to be helpful to you in this situation.

The way RangerMSP monitors your charges is by dividing charges based on Labor, Expense and Product/Part. It is designed specificallyso that RangerMSP users will be able to monitor the different aspects of the different charge types. For example, Labor charges are mostly based on technician work, and except for that technician's time, you are not investing anything in order to perform that work. Wherein, if we're talking about a Product/Part charge, then most of that charge is composed of the Product/Part's price that you have to pay your supplier for, while perhaps keeping a service fee. This allows RangerMSP to generate different reports on the different types of charges, based on the information you're most likely to want to review.

If you prefer the method you've suggested to us, you're free to add your Technician Labor Price Value into the price of the Product/Part Item, so that your customer will get charged for the Item and the Installation in the same line.

The RangerMSP QuickBooks link which supports QuickBooks UK versions dated back to 2004 automatically consolidates your charges on the Account/Contract/Ticket levels in a way that will perform the work of grouping your charges into a single invoice for your accountant to give to your customers.

In the matter of the different rates for the first half hour and subsequent half hours, the charge will need to be separated manually by the employee entering the charges. The first half hour should be created with a Fixed Rate item that has the while £50 value, while the second charge will count the rest of the time used for support and then charge the time with an Hourly Rate item that is priced at £80 (since it's hourly, it'll need to be twice the value). Having this in a hourly rate will not be a problem, since the hourly rate is currently set to bump the charge value up a quarter of the hourly rate each 15 minutes of charge time. This setting can be adjusted to bump the charge amount every 30 minutes from Tools > Options > Charges & Contracts > Round Calculated Duration To.

I hope this shed some light and the way RangerMSP works. Feel free to post anymore questions you may have.

Regards,
Neta